Why Isn't Plan C Medigap Policy More Popular???

The only difference between C and F is the excess coverage. Since excess charges are rare, they pay out about the same so not much difference in premium. For $1 a month difference, I'll take the F just in case.

I don't know why some companies charge more for C than F. A 65 year old non smoking female in Illinois is $124.58for Plan C...$124.00 for Plan F with Manhattan Life. They obviously don't want to sell Plan C. Not that many companies are offering Plan C anymore.

The only difference between C and F is the excess coverage. Since excess charges are rare, they pay out about the same so not much difference in premium. For $1 a month difference, I'll take the F just in case.

I don't know why some companies charge more for C than F. A 65 year old non smoking female in Illinois is $124.58for Plan C...$124.00 for Plan F with Manhattan Life. They obviously don't want to sell Plan C. Not that many companies are offering Plan C anymore.

It's all about the claims ratio.

Todd, there are some folks on this forum that have no idea how to offer anything other than F . . .

Todd, there are some folks on this forum that have no idea how to offer anything other than F . . .

I can't really make a comment to that as most of my clients opted for Plan F. I would say that my Med Supp book was 99% Plan F.

I've given most of my clients over to other agents over the years, so I have no idea what they are on now. I guess I can't really call them "my clients" anymore, huh?

It wasn't directed at you, Todd. Just an observation based on comments some agents have made on the forum.

I also recall one FMO that spent time and money educating agents on how to sell the MOO G plan. How much training does it take?

Over 90% of my clients have G. Most of the balance are evenly split between F, N and a handful of HDF clients.

Wait! There are other letter plans than Plan F???
No wonder I'm such a failure at selling Med Supps.

Why Isn't Plan C Medigap Policy More Popular???

As an example, in my area, comparing Plan C to F, Plan C is $.52/month less.
Why expose yourself to thousand of dollars in excess charges to save $.52/month?

Back