Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum

Reply to This is Why You Dont Mess with the FCC  82 Million Dollar Fine     
Old 08-04-2017, 02:05 PM   #11
Guru
sshafran on This is Why You Dont Mess with the FCC  82 Million Dollar Fine

State: sshafran is an Insurance Agent from Ohio
sshafran is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
This is Why You Dont Mess with the FCC  82 Million Dollar Fine
Originally Posted by VolAgent View Post

Well, did he make 21 million robocalls?
I get what you're saying. Yeah. "Tough on crime."

Got it.

It's still an outlandish fine.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to This is Why You Dont Mess with the FCC  82 Million Dollar Fine
Old 08-04-2017, 02:15 PM   #12
Guru
rousemark on This is Why You Dont Mess with the FCC  82 Million Dollar Fine

State: rousemark is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
rousemark is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
This is Why You Dont Mess with the FCC  82 Million Dollar Fine Re: This is Why You Dont Mess with the FCC 82 Million Dollar Fine
Noqw if they would just do something about "Heather" and the warranty calls... Two this morning showing different numbers.. I have tried every way in the world to stop the calls.

My prized major award presented to me by Sti:

http://cdn.quotesgram.com/small/80/6...hang-tough.jpg
  Reply With Quote to This is Why You Dont Mess with the FCC  82 Million Dollar Fine
Old 08-04-2017, 02:31 PM   #13
Guru
VolAgent on This is Why You Dont Mess with the FCC  82 Million Dollar Fine

State: VolAgent is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
VolAgent is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
This is Why You Dont Mess with the FCC  82 Million Dollar Fine Re: This is Why You Dont Mess with the FCC 82 Million Dollar Fine
Originally Posted by sshafran View Post

Got it.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Yes, it is outlandish, but the FCC is trying to send a message. And it was 21 million calls in a few months. He was burning up the lines.

Originally Posted by rousemark View Post
Noqw if they would just do something about "Heather" and the warranty calls... Two this morning showing different numbers.. I have tried every way in the world to stop the calls.
Nomorobo. Free for many landline providers, not yet available for cell phones.

You can pay the premium or you can own the loss.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:31 PM   #14
Expert
DeadSlash on This is Why You Dont Mess with the FCC  82 Million Dollar Fine

State: DeadSlash is an Insurance Agent from

Got it.

I think from their POV, they would want him to go out of business. I don't mean to sound harsh, but if he was responsible for 21m calls... harassing people to the point he was shutting down systems, I would agree. He should lose that right.

Is there anyone here that wouldn't know that was wrong?
Old 08-04-2017, 03:02 PM   #15
Guru

State: yogooglethis is an Insurance Agent from Florida
yogooglethis is a member of 1000 posts VIP club

And while there at it also do something about Emily the Headset Girl from Travel Services who has called my cell phone at least 50 times this year.Emily uses spoofs of well known company such as State Farm,Vistakon etc. to get you to answer the phone.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:14 PM   #16
Guru

State: scagnt83 is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
scagnt83 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
I think FCC fines are able to take into account any perceived damages caused to the victims as well. In this case, insurance policies were sold, and probably many were replacements. If the Prospecting method was illegal, then that could make the Sale illegal as well. That means they could have potentially considered the Premiums paid and Benefits forfeited, along with the volume of calls made and all the other factors. And then if the Sales and Replacements were perceived as not suitable (I have no clue if there were or not) then that could make it an even worse issue in their eyes.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:22 PM   #17
Guru
rousemark on This is Why You Dont Mess with the FCC  82 Million Dollar Fine

State: rousemark is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
rousemark is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by scagnt83 View Post
I think FCC fines are able to take into account any perceived damages caused to the victims as well. In this case, insurance policies were sold, and probably many were replacements. If the Prospecting method was illegal, then that could make the Sale illegal as well. That means they could have potentially considered the Premiums paid and Benefits forfeited, along with the volume of calls made and all the other factors. And then if the Sales and Replacements were perceived as not suitable (I have no clue if there were or not) then that could make it an even worse issue in their eyes.
Don't think the FCC would get ivovled with the suitability of replacements... However, just thin how terrrible that fine is.. It comes to a total of 4 whole dollars for each illegal call..
Old 08-04-2017, 03:28 PM   #18
Guru
VolAgent on This is Why You Dont Mess with the FCC  82 Million Dollar Fine

State: VolAgent is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
VolAgent is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Don't think the FCC would get ivovled with the suitability of replacements... However, just thin how terrrible that fine is.. It comes to a total of 4 whole dollars for each illegal call..
I had that thought as well. Really pretty light.

And I agree with Deadslash, I think the point of the fine is, "Go away, die, Die, DIE!!!"

You can pay the premium or you can own the loss.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:28 PM   #19
Guru
sshafran on This is Why You Dont Mess with the FCC  82 Million Dollar Fine

State: sshafran is an Insurance Agent from Ohio
sshafran is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Originally Posted by VolAgent View Post
And it was 21 million calls in a few months. He was burning up the lines.
That does put it in perspective. 21 Million Calls is a ton.

It must have been some sort of call center or something he was running - no way one agent could handle all of the (a) interested prospects or (b) complaints.

I wonder if anyone else will be named liable - i.e., downline agents (which may include other agents on the forum).

FREE Training - Get it here.

20 Free Videos with tips to help new agents compress their learning curve & earn more clients.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:35 PM   #20
Expert
DeadSlash on This is Why You Dont Mess with the FCC  82 Million Dollar Fine

State: DeadSlash is an Insurance Agent from
That does put it in perspective. 21 Million Calls is a ton.

It must have been some sort of call center or something he was running - no way one agent could handle all of the (a) interested prospects or (b) complaints.

I wonder if anyone else will be named liable - i.e., downline agents (which may include other agents on the forum).
It had to be a dialer of some sort, there is reference in a few of the articles about this to him shutting down systems because of the volume of calls.

In the given time frame 21,000,000 calls would be somewhere between 17 and 18k a day! That's counting Sundays, Holidays etc.

1,500 calls an hour if he's staying in the permissible dialing hours!
Reply to This is Why You Dont Mess with the FCC  82 Million Dollar Fine 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum