• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

All State Medicare Supplement

As for CSG, I'm pretty sure they like to use the length of time the parent company has been around since it's usually longer.

I agree, but still . . . which, if any, of the Allstate carriers have been in the MEDICARE business for 59 years? Medicare was "created" in 1965 (59 years ago). My understanding is that MOO was the first to jump on board the Medicare wagon.

Allstate has been around since 65, maybe earlier, but the were always a P&C company, mostly personal lines.

I smell a pony in the stalls . . .

I agree, but still . . . which, if any, of the Allstate carriers have been in the MEDICARE business for 59 years? Medicare was "created" in 1965 (59 years ago). My understanding is that MOO was the first to jump on board the Medicare wagon.

Allstate has been around since 65, maybe earlier, but the were always a P&C company, mostly personal lines.

I smell a pony in the stalls . . .
It would be counting National General. I'm not sure when they started Medicare, but on the Allstate presentation it mentions how long National General has been around:

Attachments

• allstate.png
    allstate.png
    69.7 KB · Views: 4
I'm not sure when they started Medicare, but on the Allstate presentation it mentions how long National General has been around:

How long they have been writing Medicare business is the only useful criteria and even that is a questionable benchmark sometimes.

It also doesn't matter who the parent company is, who reinsures the line of coverage and which TPA they use.

The ISSUING carrier and their time in the Medicare business is meaningful. Everything else is superfluous.

BX started writing health insurance in the early 1900's but only entered the Medicare market in 1965.

View attachment 12700
----------------------------------------- Right Here^

I was running some quotes in KS last night, and I noticed that the "years in market" for Allstate has changed.

It now shows "2" instead of "59."

Im curious if that has anything to do with this thread. It is interesting that it just now changed, after a year or so. Do you think somebody at CSG saw this, or a few agents inquired about it?

@sshafran thanks . . .

You must have the Mega Producer version of CSG. My original factory setting model doesn't have the Rating Class button.

OTOH, CSG hasn't changed my monthly fee since I signed up in 2010 so I get what I need for $7/month . . .

@Ron Van D . . . "selling off their Health & Benefits business" . . . not a good sign. I see big rate increases on the horizon.

Back