$1 BILLION REASONS

I'd rather spend and keep the $$ here in the states, in American's pockets............. then to ship it off to Ukraine, or be responsible for the cost of those crossing the border illegally.

And fraud is rampant in every health sector, old news.

I'd rather spend and keep the $$ here in the states, in American's pockets............. then to ship it off to Ukraine, or be responsible for the cost of those crossing the border illegally.

And fraud is rampant in every health sector, old news.

05-02-2023 Article pretty current news..

The remainder of your comments are deflections.

We are not talking about Ukraine ...we're not talking about border crossings..

Actually we are.

The money spent on Ukraine, the Middle East and others would go a long way in paying down the medical costs of the illegals as well as our own.

Illegals are crossing the border in the thousands every day. Who pays when they get sick?

Who picks the tomatoes when there ripe? Some industries like agricultures and construction would be seriously affected ( higher prices) without these immigrants .The illegal ones actually pay in to FICA under fake ss numbers but never collect benefits. With that said i am not a liberal and do think something has to be done about illegal immigration

Who picks the tomatoes when there ripe? Some industries like agricultures and construction would be seriously affected ( higher prices) without these immigrants .The illegal ones actually pay in to FICA under fake ss numbers but never collect benefits. With that said i am not a liberal and do think something has to be done about illegal immigration
The tomatoes were doing fine before they started climbing walls by the hundreds. So was agriculture and the others you mentioned.

As far as FICA, screw that. They should have come through the front door like everyone else.

The tomatoes were doing fine before they started climbing walls by the hundreds. So was agriculture and the others you mentioned.

As far as FICA, screw that. They should have come through the front door like everyone else.

I believe undocumented workers have a long history of working in the fields in the US and other undesirable jobs. If Trump ,Biden or any administration wanted to get serious about it they would make the penalties for hiring illegals much more severe and make the owner of the company using the workers responsible for vetting and not a third party labor pool contractor. IMO much more effective than a big beautiful wall-that i can tell you.

I used to work in roofing. The staunchest "stop illegal immigration" buy American Republicans looked the other way when the roof was being put on, because of $$.

Had the company I worked for hired unionized non-immigrant labor boy oh boy would we have had to pay them more, therefore we would have charged more - I can almost guarantee it.

I say "almost" because technically I was 1099 so it was none of my business the status of the installers. And even more technically, the company hired one guy -- then that one guy brought his "crew."

I think at the time they did the labor for around $100/square (10x10).

Not saying the system is right - I think these guys deserve more money for the hard work that they do (it's amazing what they do in the heat). But most Americans wouldn't pay 60% more for a new roof given the choice. Imagine the housing market in general - it's not just roofs. Framers, concrete guys, etc.

Back