1000’s of p&c agents moving into Medicare

I’ve read some agents saying that . My State Farm rates up about 75% last 3 yrs with no wrecks . I have a few cars with another carrier that only went up 15% in that time . I’ve read stories of homeowners rates in disasters areas doing some doubles and triples . A equation we’re seeing big the last few yrs on some areas we didn’t see much before is fires .
My State Farm has had very little increase, if any in the last three years.

Name one company that tripled their rates this year. :skeptical:
Nationwide has on some of our Home policies. The average I would say is 75% increase and there are a few that are over 200%. The highest was 265%! These bigger increases started for August 2023 renewals, so this will be going on all year long.

Our take on it is that their claims were so bad last year that they are trying to drop everybody without telling them they are dropping them. Also they have made it impossible to write new business as they now require very tedious underwriting. They now require a photo of each interior room in the house!! Unbelievable!

Nationwide has on some of our Home policies. The average I would say is 75% increase and there are a few that are over 200%. The highest was 265%! These bigger increases started for August 2023 renewals, so this will be going on all year long.

Our take on it is that their claims were so bad last year that they are trying to drop everybody without telling them they are dropping them. Also they have made it impossible to write new business as they now require very tedious underwriting. They now require a photo of each interior room in the house!! Unbelievable!
As I said twice before, I was talking about Medicare Supplements.

More saturation . I’m reading 15-20 notes a day p&c shops adding Medicare due to insanity in that mkt . I feel like a ninja slitting throats. The gold rush talk in Medicare has brought 50k new agents into the business the last 4 yrs min

What insanity?

Rates doubling and tripling in months . CO’s not taking new business . CO’s pulling out of states . Career agents screwed .

Name one company that tripled their rates this year. :skeptical:

Sorry, I was only this far into the thread and it seemed like everyone was on the same page and talking about the fact that the P&C market is going crazy so agents were adding Medicare to grab some market share to help their overall bottom line. My bad bro

When reading his posts, you need to plug in your own punctuation, correct misspellings, while combining the title of the thread, with his haphazard random posts. Once completed, then you'll understand.

I was clearly talking about p&c. Med sup rates usually go up 1 time a yr not in 3-4 months like I stated . And I’ve never ever heard of a med sup anywhere raising more that 40% in a yr

When reading his posts, you need to plug in your own punctuation, correct misspellings, while combining the title of the thread, with his haphazard random posts. Once completed, then you'll understand.

Yoda makes more sense than he does.

upload_2023-8-23_17-58-32.jpeg

Interesting. I was talking with a friend who is in P&C, said they are getting many applicants, said he is doing double duty now sorting through resumes and emails for jobs. Guess its depending what location you're in too.

Back