$142.50 Leads

I'm a big believer in the best lead you can ever generate is the on you manufacture yourself.. And I have been doing okay, thought I'd try my first mailout- and it sucked.

I live outside the Tampa area.. in rural country area, and theres no way you could possibly generate 2 responses on a mailout- either these clowns boned me and only sent out 250 mailers or they been giving my leads to someone else.. In any event, they can kiss my ass

I'm a big believer in the best lead you can ever generate is the on you manufacture yourself.. And I have been doing okay, thought I'd try my first mailout- and it sucked.

I live outside the Tampa area.. in rural country area, and theres no way you could possibly generate 2 responses on a mailout- either these clowns boned me and only sent out 250 mailers or they been giving my leads to someone else.. In any event, they can kiss my ass

Well that's just it, how do you know how many they sent out? How do you know someone else didn't get the leads?

I would like to think it is all fair and honest but still makes one wonder.

I'd need transparency. I'd buy my own list, include my name/address and possibly two or three of my local friends, design the postcard them upload the list from them to mail out.

This way, if we don't get the postcards I know something's wrong. Not a shot in hell I have the level of trust to let a company mail thousands of postcards with zero transparency.

Wouldn't it also help to buy a list that includes numbers? That way you can at least legitimately follow up with "I'm calling to follow up with the information I sent you."

Wouldn't it also help to buy a list that includes numbers? That way you can at least legitimately follow up with "I'm calling to follow up with the information I sent you."

Not really, the whole "I'm calling to follow up" thing will result in people saying they don't remember it anyway. Seriously, how many people do you think are going to remember the junk mail they through out? Now, if you want to tape $1 to it I'm sure you can get more attention and memory, but I really doubt that is your intention (although I would be curious to see how that worked).

If the concern is knowing whether or not it's getting mailed, agents can always do their own mail. Personally I would rather work with a mail company that I trust to send the mail, but that's a different point altogether.

TPAA, do you think it's possible you mailed behind someone? Believe it or not that is something that does happen and it can kill a return.

I totally agree with you. You got hosed. Surprise, surprise, it's what companies like that do best. I have no use for them.

The old saying, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" comes to my mind.

With that said, I have heard you really have to try the mail-outs the companies do several times to get a real 'feel' for some kind of law on averages. I have seen a few agents on here post they do it every month and it works for them in addition to getting their own leads but don't rely on it exclusively.

Regardless, you are taking these companies really at their word as John said with no transparency. That alone if you allow it to become a negative in your own mind would not help you at all because it just becomes an energy waster on you.

You either do it and let the chips fall where they may or don't do it at all IMO and not give it another thought. I'm very big on negativity affecting other aspects of your sales and just life in general. No regrets!

the whole "I'm calling to follow up" thing will result in people saying they don't remember it anyway.

Which is why Frank says calling works.

"Do you remember getting something in the mail about Medicare"?

"No, I don't".

"No problem, I get that a lot . . ."

Not exactly Franks patented pitch but you get the idea.

If I was going to send out lead cards or mailers myself, I would put in bold letters, "don't leave this card by your phone" on the card in hopes that when you call and ask them, they will say, "yeah, I have the info right by the phone as a matter of fact".

It's so crazy, it just might work.

If I was going to send out lead cards or mailers myself, I would put in bold letters, "don't leave this card by your phone" on the card in hopes that when you call and ask them, they will say, "yeah, I have the info right by the phone as a matter of fact".

It's so crazy, it just might work.

I think it might also. That could be a stroke of genius. No wonder you're making the big bucks.

Back