2 Triple Bypasses and Diabetes

Hey ya'll

I'm newish to the industry. Excluding guaranteed issue policies, if a prospect is declined with one company, are they typically not placed at all?

Hey ya'll

I'm newish to the industry. Excluding guaranteed issue policies, if a prospect is declined with one company, are they typically not placed at all?

Not hardly. I have had customers declined after phone interview and get them placed with another company five minutes later

"You still didn't answer my ..."

I would say a decline, especially a recent one, does scare underwriters off. They don't want to be that guy that accepts a bad risk. The ones I've had tend to go that way. The underwriting from the next company seems to ask more questions and tries to get to the bottom of the other's decline.

And while it is possible they may get issued by somebody else, chances are it won't be unrated.

You can get people placed after a decline. But you better be prepared to explain in full detail why the other company declined and why it isn't a big deal for the company you are placing it with.

You can get people placed after a decline. But you better be prepared to explain in full detail why the other company declined and why it isn't a big deal for the company you are placing it with.

AmCon, UHL and transamerica...I believe don't ask about prior declines...on their FE product. Why do I need to be prepared for an explanation?

Back