2 Triple Bypasses and Diabetes

AmCon, UHL and transamerica...I believe don't ask about prior declines...on their FE product. Why do I need to be prepared for an explanation?

Please follow the thread. This is in reference to fully underwritten products, not FE.

Most FE products don't ask about prior declines, just a few. For most of them they couldn't care less. But when it comes to fully underwritten, the underwriter is definitely going to care.

Please follow the thread. This is in reference to fully underwritten products, not FE.

Most FE products don't ask about prior declines, just a few. For most of them they couldn't care less. But when it comes to fully underwritten, the underwriter is definitely going to care.

Post 12..agent4life..asked about guarantee issue. Post 13 deadhead responded. I did follow the thread...it turned from the OP, but nevertheless I'm not outta line here, but thanks.

"They don't ask"

That doesn't stop them from checking the MIB (not the Will Smith one.)

I've had surprise declines show up in the MIB that the applicant didn't tell me about. So please keep in mind just cause they don't ask on the app, doesn't mean they aren't looking elsewhere.

"They don't ask"

That doesn't stop them from checking the MIB (not the Will Smith one.)

I've had surprise declines show up in the MIB that the applicant didn't tell me about. So please keep in mind just cause they don't ask on the app, doesn't mean they aren't looking elsewhere.

I don't want Vol to get all up in arms, so I'll clarify. On SIWL, if they don't ask, they don't care...in my experience.

I have also had the same experience as you just mentioned above on my fully underwritten cases. Thankfully, not very often.

You can get people placed after a decline. But you better be prepared to explain in full detail why the other company declined and why it isn't a big deal for the company you are placing it with.

Ditto. Have gone from decline to P+ with the same company. Or decline to Std. Several times.

I don't want Vol to get all up in arms, so I'll clarify. On SIWL, if they don't ask, they don't care...in my experience.

I have also had the same experience as you just mentioned above on my fully underwritten cases. Thankfully, not very often.

You are right, on many they don't ask. But LGilmore is also right. Even on SIWL, I have had underwriting ask about previous applications and wanting to know the outcome. It may have had more to do with replacement concerns than underwriting, but they did ask even though it wasn't on the app.

You are right, on many they don't ask. But LGilmore is also right. Even on SIWL, I have had underwriting ask about previous applications and wanting to know the outcome. It may have had more to do with replacement concerns than underwriting, but they did ask even though it wasn't on the app.

What SI companies underwriting asked about it, that wasn't on the app? Just curious to know.

What SI companies underwriting asked about it, that wasn't on the app? Just curious to know.

I'm trying to remember, there are a couple of companies I am thinking might be it, but I'm not sure so I don't want to say. They are companies that check the MIB. Also, I really got the feeling they were more concerned about replacement than underwriting. I think it may have even come after it was submitted. I have a feeling who it was, but I'm sure so I don't want to say.

"Post 12..agent4life..asked about guarantee issue. Post 13 deadhead responded. I did follow the thread...it turned from the OP, but nevertheless I'm not outta line here, but thanks."

Sorry for the confusion. Maybe I should have rephrased my question. I am aware about guaranteed issue and simplified issue policies not caring about a prior decline. I was wondering more along the lines of a fully underwritten policy in it being automatically declined because of prior declines with other life insurance companies. VolAgent answered my question...thanks so much for the clarification!

Back