20 med supps per month

40 plus apps a month is great, how long did it take you to get to that scale
I wrote my first med supp app on Sept 1, 2013 and never wrote more than ten apps a month all the way through the start of 2016. During that two year period I wrote under a 100 total apps. In 2016, I ramped up the mailings and wrote an average of 22/month. In 2017, I've averaged 45/mo. I'm not doing anything special other than consistent big mail drops every, single month.

I wrote my first med supp app on Sept 1, 2013 and never wrote more than ten apps a month all the way through the start of 2016. During that two year period I wrote under a 100 total apps. In 2016, I ramped up the mailings and wrote an average of 22/month. In 2017, I've averaged 45/mo. I'm not doing anything special other than consistent big mail drops every, single month.

This is so awesome Buck! Super happy for you.

This is so awesome Buck! Super happy for you.
Thanks Bevo...I remember the thread where you said your employee wrote 40 apps in the month and it was eye opening for me. Your quote was to "put the hammer" down once you find something that works. This is the best advice out there because everything still works: direct mail, cold calling, internet, so might as well go hard. I fell into the trap of over-analyzing for too long and I think many people do the same.

I write four apps for every 1,000 pieces that I mail.

Average cost around $500 per 1,000 mailers?

Grinding it out is working for you. Good job!

Rock it out Charlie Murphy...Don't let Prince get to you...

This is fantastic! Thanks for sharing with us. Are you focusing on mostly t65's? Or you mixing in a little of both t65's and replacements? It's def good to know that DM is still a vialble marketing source for phone sales.

Thanks Bevo...I remember the thread where you said your employee wrote 40 apps in the month and it was eye opening for me. Your quote was to "put the hammer" down once you find something that works. This is the best advice out there because everything still works: direct mail, cold calling, internet, so might as well go hard. I fell into the trap of over-analyzing for too long and I think many people do the same.

She's on track to hit 90 this month. And all we do is rinse and repeat. I'm thrilled it's working so well for you.

40/month = 480/year (not including more for AEP). Almost $700K after 5 years. Whoever might think that it's "too much money or time" to invest in marketing upfront and learning how NOW, clear your mind of short-term perspectives and look at those numbers above. The year 2022 will be here before we know it. Just look back on the posts on this forum 5 years ago.

The question is, how much money do you want to be making in residual income then? Then work your way back to what you need to accomplish TODAY, and everyday, and then do it and let time take care of the rest. Short term thinking is the #1 business killer.

To the OP, yeah I gave you some tough love because all you did was give flimsy excuses (like most people) as to why you COULDN'T do things. I encourage you to open your mind and stretch your comfort zone, it's worth it.

She's on track to hit 90 this month. And all we do is rinse and repeat. I'm thrilled it's working so well for you.

40/month = 480/year (not including more for AEP). Almost $700K after 5 years. Whoever might think that it's "too much money or time" to invest in marketing upfront and learning how NOW, clear your mind of short-term perspectives and look at those numbers above. The year 2022 will be here before we know it. Just look back on the posts on this forum 5 years ago.

The question is, how much money do you want to be making in residual income then? Then work your way back to what you need to accomplish TODAY, and everyday, and then do it and let time take care of the rest. Short term thinking is the #1 business killer.

To the OP, yeah I gave you some tough love because all you did was give flimsy excuses (like most people) as to why you COULDN'T do things. I encourage you to open your mind and stretch your comfort zone, it's worth it.

Thanks, my rant against you is over. congrats on you and your agents success!

Back