2009 Medsupp Premium Increases

Baskin did keep the rates stable, but unfortunately that was the only good thing that I can say about what he did. I personally had my contract termed by Continental for no reason. They stated a line in the contract that allowed them to terminate without cause, and cease paying renewal commissions, which they did! To top it off, they sent a letter out to each of my clients, stating that I was no longer with them, and not to allow me into their home or to speak with me if I called. They gave the home office # and a name for them to ask for if they needed anything.

Naturally I was livid! Baskins office stated I was termed for lack of production, which was bullshit because I had wrote 2 medsupps the month before. After speaking with my FMOs for other companies, this was done quite regularly by ol' man Baskin.

I got done the same way. Contract terminated and then put on a service contract...which meant, paid at the end of the month for last months premium payments and they kept about 30% of my commissions.

They reinstated me, but their commissions are so bad on med-supps I don't write much for them. 13% on med-supps, 6 month advance + that stinking phone interview before being paid. AWFUL! Write an 80+ year-old....6 1/2% commission. Year 7+...1 1/2% commission. They withdrew ALL of their life products in Florida. Nothing much left of Continental Life.

Back