2014 Premiums for Illinois

SamIAm,

I didn't check other companies, but with Blue Cross of illinois, ValuePenguin is about 3.5% lower that the premiums shown at the BCBS-IL website.

So technically speaking, ValuePenguin.com is not accurate. But what's ironic is that he obtained his calculation base rates from HHS, the Federal Government.

This tells me that when people are finally able to get through Healthcare.gov and start purchasing health plans, they'll see one price on Healthcare.gov, yet end of with a higher premium on the bill they receive from the carrier!

You know they public will blame the insurance carrier, when in reality, it was caused by HealthCare.gov not inputting the proper rates to their system initially. This could be intentional, because I'm hearing that in every state, the Healthcare.gov rates are LOWER than what you find on a specific carrier's website. It's a good way to generate additional ill will against insurers and hasten the arrival of a Medicare-For-All system, which is the Obama Administration's ultimate goal anyway. He only has 3 more years to make it happen.
ac

Back