2015 MA Increase

I agree sman, very important the client understands why they have $0 premium. Otherwise they feel like it's too good to be true.

I'm confused by this, If they are getting a net increase why are they claiming all over the news the cuts? How is this logical? Am I missing something? :err:

The total effect of the government’s payment rates will vary by plan and location. CMS said the combined net effect of the changes to the Advantage program will be a 0.4 percent increase next year, though insurance companies have disputed the agency’s calculations

The carriers are saying that it looks like an increase on paper, the actual effects of all the changes will be a net loss.

I am still waiting to see any news on commissions...

That is incredible, sucks that we have no clue what will happen with all our renewals and the future of this business.

It's uncertain for those that have our books of business in big cities that mostly close MAPD.

When are we expected to receive news from the 2015 plan/ producer changes?

That is incredible, sucks that we have no clue what will happen with all our renewals and the future of this business. It's uncertain for those that have our books of business in big cities that mostly close MAPD. When are we expected to receive news from the 2015 plan/ producer changes?

I read a article that says comment period on commission change was until 4/7/14 and I had one FMO email me today that he's seeing it's left at 50% for 5 year renewal. Not sure why it says specifically 5 years but this is preliminary and the first I'm hearing about it.

----------

That is incredible, sucks that we have no clue what will happen with all our renewals and the future of this business. It's uncertain for those that have our books of business in big cities that mostly close MAPD. When are we expected to receive news from the 2015 plan/ producer changes?

Also I personally received confirmation from one of the big two's producer help desk in writing stating that even if there was a future change that renewals are based on the year you wrote them so old renewals are protected as long as plan is still in place. I had read different on this forum that CMS had proposed it effecting past renewals also but that's not what legal explained to me in writing and you know there very careful in there responses.

I read a article that says comment period on commission change was until 4/7/14 and I had one FMO email me today that he's seeing it's left at 50% for 5 year renewal. Not sure why it says specifically 5 years but this is preliminary and the first I'm hearing about it.

----------

Also I personally received confirmation from one of the big two's producer help desk in writing stating that even if there was a future change that renewals are based on the year you wrote them so old renewals are protected as long as plan is still in place. I had read different on this forum that CMS had proposed it effecting past renewals also but that's not what legal explained to me in writing and you know there very careful in there responses.

While the 50% renewal rate is a strong point, the critical question is what our 2015 plan changes would be, because if our clients rather go to Original Medicare then we lose out big time.

There's always room for Supps, But it is a drastic move away from a $0 plan that offers benefits while limiting the max oop.

I hope MA doesn't die out, I understand it was not intended to be permanent but not only does it benefit us the producers, it benefits the seniors by providing a cap to their expenses and incentives on keeping healthy, all without a monthly premium.

Back