2015 MA Increase

Overall, at the end of the day, the companies are getting a cut in reimbursement from the government. With the new tax on companies to support the ACA folly, they will end up with about a 4% cut in funding. Also, if a company is below a 4 star rating they will receive no bonus money.

I think you guys are worrying about nothing. Been hearing this forever that mapd commissions are doomed. It's BS

I think you guys are worrying about nothing. Been hearing this forever that mapd commissions are doomed. It's BS

Sure hope you are correct, but I think this time around there is a serious shot of renewal commissions being substantially reduced. We will know soon enough.

Despite the good news, I'm sure the carriers are still hoping for new and innovative ways to cut commissions. :yes:
Why don't the MA carriers just reduce the FMO's override portion if they want/need to save $$? They are basically useless deadwood that contribute little to the bottom line. Agents not only find and hunt for the business, but also retain the business. That's why the agent's portion should not be messed with. Why would they want to risk that balance?

Last edited:
Why don't the MA carriers just reduce the FMO's override portion if they want/need to save $$? They are basically useless deadwood that contribute little to the bottom line. Agents not only find and hunt for the business, but also retain the business. That's why the agent's portion should not be messed with. Why would they want to risk that balance?

Agreed 100%. The forum consistently gives me better advice than any FMO...

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

Back