3 Things You Should Be Doing EVERY Single Week

TripleH

Super Genius
Dallas
I wish someone would of told me about these things to do every single week. Some may seem obvious, but even for the veteran agents it is always great to have a friendly reminder of what they should be doing each week. (skip the reading and click my link to my YouTube channel below)

1) Upgrading existing clients - this means you should be going back to your existing book of business and making sure that you are offering them the ability to purchase more insurance. This is called working your book of business that you have built over time.

Ever sat with a client and they wanted the $15,000 plan, but could only afford the $10,000 plan? Good news is you can go back once their existing plan fits better in their budget 6-9-12 months later etc. THIS IS NOT FLIPPING YOUR BOOK! This is adding existing coverage to your clients existing plans.

Do NOT forget to ask for referrals while in the home on the 3rd thing to do every single week (see below), but also make sure that you are asking for referrals this time around as well.

2) Lapse Notices, NSFs letters and Cancellation Letters. This is part of retention that is incredibly important, saving a piece of business and minimizing chargebacks is an important thing to do.

Saving a piece of business is just as important as writing a new app. How do you do these things? Simply just print out the letters and add them into your stack of people to see this week, sometimes a simple phone call to clients can go a long way, but newer agents should be delivering policies and seeing the clients when one of these notifications come in. If you can retain 3/10 of these policies, your persistency will go up (and not takens will go down) and those who are the most persistent are those who are the most successful in this business.

3) FRESH LEADS, this is the most important one and they say save the best for last, right? Without buying fresh leads every single week, you will not be doing the other two above. Perhaps 1/1,000 agents can run FE without having to buy leads, it definitely can be done, but it is more a grind. In any industry marketing/advertising is incredibly important towards reaching your target market, so why not purchase a lead of a qualified prospect.

Amazon uses billboards (old school form of marketing) in addition to all of their additional lines of marketing to add new business. Now, I am NOT telling you to use a billboard, but it is just an example of how they are trying to marketing clients from all angles.

What kind of lead is the best source? This could be another post, but for those that are most successful in this business, we all know the answer is DIRECT MAIL. Now, we are taking about sustainability for the long term (this may also be state specific). Will Direct Mail (DM) go away in the future, probably will, but not in the near future. Other lead sources are not even a close second...

Remember inconsistencies with cash flow equals inconsistency with the ability to buy new leads and write new business, lacking the ability to write new business with poor cash flow can put you out of business quickly. Doing these three things will help dramatically. Happy selling!

LINK TO VIDEO:

Waiting for trolls.. :radar:

I think it was a good post.

Not for me and what I do but generically.

It did get me thinking about DM. Not some 'State Regulated' thing but to my clients and more to orphans I have.
I think it was a good post.

Not for me and what I do but generically.

It did get me thinking about DM. Not some 'State Regulated' thing but to my clients and more to orphans I have.
Thank you! Refresh letters or just mailing to them to stimulate business of people you already sat with. Make a lot of sense to me!

Any closing appointment I walk out of with less than 3 referrals, I take a hard look at what I did wrong.
Honestly it makes a lot of sense, but I think to many agents do NOT do it, which they have to. Referrals are FREE LEADS that ALREADY TRUST YOU!

I wish someone would of told me about these things to do every single week. Some may seem obvious, but even for the veteran agents it is always great to have a friendly reminder of what they should be doing each week. (skip the reading and click my link to my YouTube channel below)

1) Upgrading existing clients - this means you should be going back to your existing book of business and making sure that you are offering them the ability to purchase more insurance. This is called working your book of business that you have built over time.

Ever sat with a client and they wanted the $15,000 plan, but could only afford the $10,000 plan? Good news is you can go back once their existing plan fits better in their budget 6-9-12 months later etc. THIS IS NOT FLIPPING YOUR BOOK! This is adding existing coverage to your clients existing plans.

Do NOT forget to ask for referrals while in the home on the 3rd thing to do every single week (see below), but also make sure that you are asking for referrals this time around as well.

2) Lapse Notices, NSFs letters and Cancellation Letters. This is part of retention that is incredibly important, saving a piece of business and minimizing chargebacks is an important thing to do.

Saving a piece of business is just as important as writing a new app. How do you do these things? Simply just print out the letters and add them into your stack of people to see this week, sometimes a simple phone call to clients can go a long way, but newer agents should be delivering policies and seeing the clients when one of these notifications come in. If you can retain 3/10 of these policies, your persistency will go up (and not takens will go down) and those who are the most persistent are those who are the most successful in this business.

3) FRESH LEADS, this is the most important one and they say save the best for last, right? Without buying fresh leads every single week, you will not be doing the other two above. Perhaps 1/1,000 agents can run FE without having to buy leads, it definitely can be done, but it is more a grind. In any industry marketing/advertising is incredibly important towards reaching your target market, so why not purchase a lead of a qualified prospect.

Amazon uses billboards (old school form of marketing) in addition to all of their additional lines of marketing to add new business. Now, I am NOT telling you to use a billboard, but it is just an example of how they are trying to marketing clients from all angles.

What kind of lead is the best source? This could be another post, but for those that are most successful in this business, we all know the answer is DIRECT MAIL. Now, we are taking about sustainability for the long term (this may also be state specific). Will Direct Mail (DM) go away in the future, probably will, but not in the near future. Other lead sources are not even a close second...

Remember inconsistencies with cash flow equals inconsistency with the ability to buy new leads and write new business, lacking the ability to write new business with poor cash flow can put you out of business quickly. Doing these three things will help dramatically. Happy selling!

LINK TO VIDEO:

Waiting for trolls.. :radar:

Every 'touch" with a policyholder, sales call, policy delivery, conservation call, service call, "touch base" call should be used as an opportunity to obtain referrals.. And, it is not hard if you use the "Who do you know" question.

Thank you! Refresh letters or just mailing to them to stimulate business of people you already sat with. Make a lot of sense to me!

I have done the refresh thing long ago to people that I felt just needed a nudge. It worked OK.

My mailings were more of a 'disturbing questions' business reply or return card thing. worked very well.

Every 'touch" with a policyholder, sales call, policy delivery, conservation call, service call, "touch base" call should be used as an opportunity to obtain referrals.. And, it is not hard if you use the "Who do you know" question.
Can you elaborate on the "who do you know" question?

Back