64 Male with Neuropathy Direct Express

Mash said:
My experience with the Direct Express SS deposit has also been negative. Most lapsed before they lasted 3 months. The reason:
The insured went to the bank and withdrew ALL of the money on the date of deposit, causing my bank draft to bounce that very night. Horrible persistence. I now will walk away from a sale rather than have this kind of payment.
The persistency is akin to the lousey persistency on direct monthly bill, which most companifes refuse to do any more either. Just because it's business doesn't mean that we want it.

When did being on the books zero months become better than 3-months?

Just count on it lapsing and anything better than that is gravy. But don't walk away from it if you're already there.

Maybe 5-Star? Direct Express is almost impossible to place beyond that, although there are 1 or 2.

Anyone hear anything about trans d.e. Persistency? Have you guys been able to keep some of it on the books? Thanks for answers.

+1

All the DE cards I've written are still on the books

The key is to ask them when their deposits hit the bank.. and set the draft for the same day, waiting 2-3 days after might result in Insufficient Funds

The one thing I forgot to mention to you was that Security National Life is the ONLY insurer that will draft the FIRST payment on a Friday when the 1st or 3rd falls on a Sat/Sun...

Pretty Sweet!:idea:

I had a crazy bumpkin living in a shack amongst newer nice homes (he been there 100 years) swore he didn't have DE that he still gets a check in the mail...He even pointed to the mailbox when he said it, so I believe him...

One of those 'let's sit on the front porch in this nice 50 degree weather' kind of shacks...

So I politely asked if I could take a wiz behind the actual wood shed, and took my leave. ..

Reminds me of last week, knocked a very scarey looking place, an old roadside garage this guy called home...instinct said I should text my wife the address before going in....He said takes no meds, good right? But because the doctor said not to take them when he drinks liquor, so he made that choice...got the heck out of there...
He did claim to have a '69 camaro out back that he bought new after getting back from nam...and the most racist sob I've ever met doing fe....
All his friends from Vietnam are dead from agent orange, and he's got it too, but he didn't need life insurance because he's going to live to be 99 like his grandaddy...
My DE persistence is like 0% I don't know why I bother with it...

The one thing I forgot to mention to you was that Security National Life is the ONLY insurer that will draft the FIRST payment on a Friday when the 1st or 3rd falls on a Sat/Sun...

Pretty Sweet!:idea:

Trinity/FBL does that as well.

----------

I had a crazy bumpkin living in a shack amongst newer nice homes (he been there 100 years) swore he didn't have DE that he still gets a check in the mail...He even pointed to the mailbox when he said it, so I believe him...

One of those 'let's sit on the front porch in this nice 50 degree weather' kind of shacks...

So I politely asked if I could take a wiz behind the actual wood shed, and took my leave. ..

Reminds me of last week, knocked a very scarey looking place, an old roadside garage this guy called home...instinct said I should text my wife the address before going in....He said takes no meds, good right? But because the doctor said not to take them when he drinks liquor, so he made that choice...got the heck out of there...
He did claim to have a '69 camaro out back that he bought new after getting back from nam...and the most racist sob I've ever met doing fe....
All his friends from Vietnam are dead from agent orange, and he's got it too, but he didn't need life insurance because he's going to live to be 99 like his grandaddy...
My DE persistence is like 0% I don't know why I bother with it...

You do know he wasn't telling the truth about getting a check in the mail?

I went straight for the where do you bank question before getting into sell insurance. ..He swore up and down he had no bank, and his caretaker backed him up...He really seemed too crazy to lie lol...I asked him 5 times if he had a De card and he kept saying he gets a check and cashes it..I told him they stopped doing that and he said he'd declined the card and kept checks...it was weird...He was a little cooko and I hadn't given him motivation to lie...so it was weird...

I went straight for the where do you bank question before getting into sell insurance. ..He swore up and down he had no bank, and his caretaker backed him up...He really seemed too crazy to lie lol...I asked him 5 times if he had a De card and he kept saying he gets a check and cashes it..I told him they stopped doing that and he said he'd declined the card and kept checks...it was weird...He was a little cooko and I hadn't given him motivation to lie...so it was weird...

it's not possible to get a check from the government now. He may not be lying and just is too stupid to know. You can't decline the DE card if you don't have an account. You either have a checking or savings account for the deposits to go to or you get the DE card. No exceptions.

it's not possible to get a check from the government now. He may not be lying and just is too stupid to know. You can't decline the DE card if you don't have an account. You either have a checking or savings account for the deposits to go to or you get the DE card. No exceptions.

http://www.ssa.gov/deposit/

"...Treasury can grant exceptions in rare circumstances. For more information or to request a waiver, call Treasury at 855-290-1545.* You may also print and fill out a waiver form and return it to the address on the form.* *Waiver Form ..."

http://www.ssa.gov/deposit/EFT Waiver Form.pdf

This guy would qualify for the crazy clause listed on the form, no problem. ..

Back