7 Proven Ways to Get Referrals Without Asking

Some good ideas there. A few of them I already do. But one I'm going to implement first thing tomorrow is the suggestion in # 7 to have your voice mail greeting say "If you were referred to us, please let us know who we should thank". That is a really good way to ask for referrals without asking for referrals. People will hear it fairly regularly and it's not obnoxious no matter how many times you hear it.

Some good ideas there. A few of them I already do. But one I'm going to implement first thing tomorrow is the suggestion in # 7 to have your voice mail greeting say "If you were referred to us, please let us know who we should thank". That is a really good way to ask for referrals without asking for referrals. People will hear it fairly regularly and it's not obnoxious no matter how many times you hear it.

I agree. Asking "Whom should I thank??" Great idea!

Don't forget to reward the referring party. Also, take pictures of you giving them their reward and post it in your agency newsletter, on your website and on your facebook page. People love to be recognized and see themselves in print....just a reminder, don't reward people for the sale, reward them for the act of referring even if the person they sent you doesn't become a client.

Back