A Rookies Daily Activity Journal

Nick33

Tomorrow 12/30/19 will start the new work year for me so I have decided to keep a journal here of my daily activity. The goal is simply to record my daily activity and the results that activity produces.

As a new agent to FE I realize this may not be of interest to the more experienced here and I hope it doesn't get to tedious to read (if it does I will stop) but it may have some value to newer agents.

I will be tracking the following:
Lead door’s knocked
Cold door’s knocked
Number of phone calls (once I have enough fresh leads to start making calls)
Appointments set
Apps
Annual Premium
Start time (first door in the morning)
Finish time

A brief background of my experience in the industry:

I started out as a captive agent at Bankers Life selling Med Supps in the summer of 2017. I only worked for them for about 5 months before deciding Bankers wasn’t for me.

After I left Bankers I didn’t do any insurance at all for another 6 months before deciding to get back into it in June of this year.

I made some bad choices choosing FMO’s and really struggled but I have managed to sell some Med Supps for the last six months which brings me up to today.

I am brand new to the final expense world and will be relying heavily on my upline for underwriting and carrier questions.

I am just getting started with this new FMO and have just got my first batch of direct mail leads in. I have also purchased a few aged leads to help get the ball rolling.

That’s as brief as I can be but it is a good description of my background in the industry.

So tomorrow starts a new year, a new decade and a new career selling FE.

Wish me luck see ya tmrw.

Tomorrow 12/30/19 will start the new work year for me so I have decided to keep a journal here of my daily activity. The goal is simply to record my daily activity and the results that activity produces.

As a new agent to FE I realize this may not be of interest to the more experienced here and I hope it doesn't get to tedious to read (if it does I will stop) but it may have some value to newer agents.

I will be tracking the following:
Lead door’s knocked
Cold door’s knocked
Number of phone calls (once I have enough fresh leads to start making calls)
Appointments set
Apps
Annual Premium
Start time (first door in the morning)
Finish time

A brief background of my experience in the industry:

I started out as a captive agent at Bankers Life selling Med Supps in the summer of 2017. I only worked for them for about 5 months before deciding Bankers wasn’t for me.

After I left Bankers I didn’t do any insurance at all for another 6 months before deciding to get back into it in June of this year.

I made some bad choices choosing FMO’s and really struggled but I have managed to sell some Med Supps for the last six months which brings me up to today.

I am brand new to the final expense world and will be relying heavily on my upline for underwriting and carrier questions.

I am just getting started with this new FMO and have just got my first batch of direct mail leads in. I have also purchased a few aged leads to help get the ball rolling.

That’s as brief as I can be but it is a good description of my background in the industry.

So tomorrow starts a new year, a new decade and a new career selling FE.

Wish me luck see ya tmrw.
Have a prosperous 2020! :yes:

The article doesn't state what type of coverage or the average face amount/premium that is being sold. I would wager that FE is not a large portion of the premiums in FL and probably more direct or phone sales than f2f. Georgia is in the top 10, but DonP says it is a tough state for FE too. Nick33 will start posting his results tonight. I hope he has much success.

Last edited:
Back