A Rookies Daily Activity Journal

Successful in home selling outfits know marketing, not product, is the key. Get in enough houses and the system will take care of the rest.:idea:

p.s.- You're working plenty hard, but not presenting enough.:nah:

Day 4

My biggest problem is a lack of fresh leads so I'm hitting a lot of cold doors. Hopefully the fresh leads will start coming back this week.

I would, respectfully, disagree. Now, I'm not at all suggesting that you wouldn't do better with leads. I'm not suggesting that leads don't work. Nearly every big producer I know works leads only.

But the biggest producer I personally know working the senior market never buys a lead. Twice a year he spends about $70 on a data list of names, one or two thousand at a time. He writes $200K+ FE every year and several million in annuities and single premium whole life. And he's selling down in Georgia where it is everyone is supposedly an FE agent trying to sell aFE to other FE agents. So lack of leads is not the problem.

You're working plenty hard, but not presenting enough

As Bill said, your problem is you are not making enough presentations. Whether from leads or cold knocks, an FE producer should strive to get 12 to 15 presentations each and every week. A lot of guys will tell you you can't do that knocking cold, but I've done it, so I know they are speaking from

Would you mind sharing your "at the door" script you are using? Be precise if you decide to share it: What are you saying exactly at each door?

If you want to make it in the FE industry learn how to sell.

So far you have 1 sale and 5 presentations. Far too small of a sample to tell you anything. Matt Mungia, who is on this forum, wrote over $500K FE in one year, and he once went 12 presentations without a sale. No one would ever say Matt didn't know how to sell. Besides, 1/5 will get you 4/20 which is probably average.

But you had 9 leads. Are you telling us you saw each and everyone of those leads eyeball to eyeball at the door and you only got one sale? There should be at least one more sale in there unless it was in one of those presentations you gave and you blew it.

So, what anyone would need to know to offer any worthwhile advice is 1) What is your script at the door? and 2) What is your presentation like?

Who is your upline? Is he/she/they not offering to train you up?

Day 5

Thanks to all for the good tips and advice. I'm forgetting to track the contacts made. Knocking on 30 doors sounds like a lot but if only 10 answer the door and only 3 of them are in the right demographic it paints a clearer picture.

As for the scripts I have been experimenting with different ones I have gotten from different people. I need to find what works for me and my personality.

Lead door’s knocked – 5
Cold door’s knocked - 15
Appointments set - 2
Presentations - 1
Apps - 1
Start time - 10:00
Finish time 4:00

stated by Nick

"I started out as a captive agent at Bankers Life selling Med Supps in the summer of 2017. I only worked for them for about 5 months before deciding Bankers wasn’t for me.

After I left Bankers I didn’t do any insurance at all for another 6 months before deciding to get back into it in June of this year.

I made some bad choices choosing FMO’s and really struggled but I have managed to sell some Med Supps for the last six months which brings me up to today.

I am brand new to the final expense world and will be relying heavily on my upline for underwriting and carrier questions
."

Have you ever heard of the old saying; it ain't the arrows it's the Indian? Think about it. You have had 3 or four different opportunities and nothing has panned out. Maybe the problem is with you? Most people that make it in sales have some sort of innate sales ability. People buy from those they like. Make yourself likeable! . Talk with a smile in our voice and relax; have fun.

You might only have two or three opportunities to sell in a day, especially going door to door. When someone answers the door and you settle for an appointment tomorrow, that is a cop out. They sold you on the fact that they were too busy, and you bought it! Just maybe they were too busy, but maybe if you would have hit them up with a couple of good reasons to meet you right now, they may have let you in.

Compare it to calling lead cards two weeks before Christmas, in hopes of scheduling an appointment for tomorrow. Most of them will say they are too busy; they have to cook, they have to clean, they have relatives coming into town or they have no money. They ask you to call back after Christmas and you weak and agree..​
9 times out of ten when you call them back after Christmas, they will have another excuse. And you know what they say about excuses!​
It is important to Learn how to sell with a sense of urgency. It is also important to learn how to sell period.​

Back