AARP slowly losing its grip on Florida

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
As on June 1, 2024, unless both companies raise their rates, both Humana and Florida Blue medsupp rates will officially be lower than AARP in most of the state, for both male and female, Plan G and N.
This is a pretty major change for the state

Bet these companies wish they could do some prior authorization to make sure all the tests, rehab, etc. are necessary. Don't quite seem fair they have no say in anything that they have to pay. By not looking at claims Medicare is going to make is unaffordable for people on Med Sups and PDP's that are also going to go up in premium. Why did we have to go from $8000 max to $2000 max? How about we start at $5000 and see how it goes.

As on June 1, 2024, unless both companies raise their rates, both Humana and Florida Blue medsupp rates will officially be lower than AARP in most of the state, for both male and female, Plan G and N.
This is a pretty major change for the state

Yeah but they have the AARP name and also many retirees had UHC group insurance so that enough for them keep their dominant market share in Fl and they will probably be rolling out their UHICA med supps in Fl soon.I am surprised they kept rates low as long as they did since for many years they had no underwriting in Fl.

Last edited:
Bet these companies wish they could do some prior authorization to make sure all the tests, rehab, etc. are necessary. Don't quite seem fair they have no say in anything that they have to pay.
Then why do MA plans cost an average of $300 more per beneficiary each year. Asking for a friend.

Then why do MA plans cost an average of $300 more per beneficiary each year. Asking for a friend.
Does that include the Med Sup part or just OM? If just OM it’s probably bc the client gets so many more benefits then they do with OM. Around 3000.00 of additional benefits with dental, vision, OTC, gym, fitness equipment, hearing aids and on and on. All I’m saying is I feel sorry for the Med Sup companies having no say in anything. No wonder they have become so extreme on UW, they only want the healthiest of the bunch bc they know the unhealthy ones are gonna cost them a fortune in bogus tests, etc. The writing is on the wall and we are starting to see what’s gonna happen.

Does that include the Med Sup part or just OM? If just OM it’s probably bc the client gets so many more benefits then they do with OM. Around 3000.00 of additional benefits with dental, vision, OTC, gym, fitness equipment, hearing aids and on and on. All I’m saying is I feel sorry for the Med Sup companies having no say in anything. No wonder they have become so extreme on UW, they only want the healthiest of the bunch bc they know the unhealthy ones are gonna cost them a fortune in bogus tests, etc. The writing is on the wall and we are starting to see what’s gonna happen.
A comparison between OM and MA. Here's one article. There are plenty of others.

The problem is that there is waste and fraud on both sides. MA plans are not the panacea that you imply.

As far as MS companies not having a say, they all have actuaries and they have control on how they price their products.

As for all this free stuff, that's not health care. That's marketing.

As for the writing on the wall, if you're implying that MA plans are the future of Medicare then all I can say is that we're looking at different walls.

Back