AARP slowly losing its grip on Florida

A comparison between OM and MA. Here's one article. There are plenty of others.

The problem is that there is waste and fraud on both sides. MA plans are not the panacea that you imply.

As far as MS companies not having a say, they all have actuaries and they have control on how they price their products.

As for all this free stuff, that's not health care. That's marketing.

As for the writing on the wall, if you're implying that MA plans are the future of Medicare then all I can say is that we're looking at different walls.
Been hearing MA is going away since 2008. Every year they grow and grow. Free stuff may not be healthcare but people love free shit. And I would say dental care, vision care, OTC items and going to a gym are all somewhat health related.

You are right about the actuaries and that’s what’s going to make Med Sups unaffordable for most. Nothing they can do to cut down on claims, just keep raising premiums every year.

Been hearing MA is going away since 2008. Every year they grow and grow. Free stuff may not be healthcare but people love free shit. And I would say dental care, vision care, OTC items and going to a gym are all somewhat health related.

You are right about the actuaries and that’s what’s going to make Med Sups unaffordable for most. Nothing they can do to cut down on claims, just keep raising premiums every year.

2025 will be the first yr of possible deep retrenchment in mapd . Humana started the ball rolling in 2024 with deep cuts . They got hit hard with claims in the 4th qtr and will be cutting big in 2025 . Aetna obviously went all in for 2024 and combined with increased medical claims will retrench big in 2025. This will be the first aep in 7 plus yrs that benefits and medical plans will be worse than the previous yr industry wide . Mass flipping of books could be here.

Never said they were going away. Simply said they're not perfect.

People do love free stuff and that will never change. But the growth of MA plans is about to slow down. Neither MA nor OM are going anywhere anytime soon. But changes are coming. Simple economics will dictate that.

2025 will be the first yr of possible deep retrenchment in mapd . Humana started the ball rolling in 2024 with deep cuts . They got hit hard with claims in the 4th qtr and will be cutting big in 2025 . Aetna obviously went all in for 2024 and combined with increased medical claims will retrench big in 2025. This will be the first aep in 7 plus yrs that benefits and medical plans will be worse than the previous yr industry wide . Mass flipping of books could be here.
Trust me there is plenty of room for benefits and copays to pull back and people will still stick with MA plans. Only thing that changed on Aetna in my area was the fitness benefit. And like always it’s based on location. You are constantly saying the sky is falling, there will always be changes from year to year. But never as bad as you always make it sound.

Never said they were going away. Simply said they're not perfect.

People do love free stuff and that will never change. But the growth of MA plans is about to slow down. Neither MA nor OM are going anywhere anytime soon. But changes are coming. Simple economics will dictate that.
Other thing Med Sups have going against them is how bad the stand alone PDP’s are compared to MAPD’s. Remember Med Sups and PDP’s go together like a horse and carriage. Guess we will all find out come July how much everything is going to change. Glad I have the Cost plans to fall back on too.

Trust me there is plenty of room for benefits and copays to pull back and people will still stick with MA plans. Only thing that changed on Aetna in my area was the fitness benefit. And like always it’s based on location. You are constantly saying the sky is falling, there will always be changes from year to year. But never as bad as you always make it sound.

100% people aren’t going to leave it for some pullback .But benefits and plans have been very stable the last 5 plus yrs so you never had to move many people There’s been few differences in plans . I’m saying in 2025 that will change big as there will be big differences in plans. The agents with bigger books will have to move a shit load of plans or there book will be shrewded. I’ve never had to move more than 5% of my book aep .I’m betting I’ll have to move 30-50% of my book . Will be very hard to work referrals and leads .

UHC med Supp will still be my go to company, even after the 9% increase. FL blue had their 9.1% rate in Jan and Humana has a 6% increase in April.
The cheaper companies won’t compete very long and like most of them do, they’ll pull out of FL.

In orlando, starting in June, UHC will be $1 more than FL Blue. Uhc has 55% of the market in FL and FL Blue has 20%. Two companies have 75% of the market and that’s not changing anytime soon

I'm not sure it'll be as bad as you think. It might be. But I'm not worried about it.

I was told Obamacare would end MAPD for good...

Back