ACA Quoting Software..The Winners Are...so Far

Just curious, are you using a screen sharing software to create the user's account on healthcare.gov?

I'm getting the drift about creating an account, which seems controversial and defies CMS. But let me be clear, it's temporary and only for the initial application.
The temp. email is deleted ASAP and as I explained, the client has to change it to his own in order to receive correspondence from Health Care Gov.
This is a way to help. Many prospects don't have an email, aren't on a computer or don't know how to access their email--some are completely computer illiterate.
Screen sharing would work only for a very small percent of clients.
I know this may not satisfy many of the posters, but sometimes there is no other way.

I'm getting the drift about creating an account, which seems controversial and defies CMS. But let me be clear, it's temporary and only for the initial application.
The temp. email is deleted ASAP and as I explained, the client has to change it to his own in order to receive correspondence from Health Care Gov.
This is a way to help. Many prospects don't have an email, aren't on a computer or don't know how to access their email--some are completely computer illiterate.
I know this may not satisfy many of the posters, but sometimes there is no other way.

I agree. I live in a rural are where many folks don't have PCs. But that's where Norvax, Quoitit or face to face appointments come in.

My understanding is that an agent may not be create an account for someone on the marketplace without using one of the approved methods. In a pinch, when I cannot meet with the client because they are out of the area, I have set up a three-way call to the marketplace so I can advise them on the best plans to choose.

May not be ultra efficient, but it works for those few cases.

How difficult do you find it to type with one foot in your mouth all the time?

How difficult do you find it to type with one foot in your mouth all the time?

Thank you for your constructive comment. I had not considered yoga as a New Year resolution!

----------

I agree. I live in a rural are where many folks don't have PCs. But that's where Norvax, Quoitit or face to face appointments come in.

My understanding is that an agent may not be create an account for someone on the marketplace without using one of the approved methods. In a pinch, when I cannot meet with the client because they are out of the area, I have set up a three-way call to the marketplace so I can advise them on the best plans to choose.

May not be ultra efficient, but it works for those few cases.
If you really consider the AcaExpress or Sherpa in which no accounts are created,they are really inconvenient if the client needs to report a life change.

If you really consider the AcaExpress or Sherpa in which no accounts are created,they are really inconvenient if the client needs to report a life change.

Not really, it's a simple call to Healthcare.gov to report changes when and if that happens. Conference calling can be a wonderful thing. I encourage all my clients to call me and I try to find the best way to handle any issues that arise.

In a pinch, when I cannot meet with the client because they are out of the area, I have set up a three-way call to the marketplace so I can advise them on the best plans to choose.

Besides being a complete waste of time, you now have increased the risk that you won't be AOR by at LEAST 25-50%, you think those CSR's care about you getting paid?

Back