ACV on Landlord Policy Question

Strategy101

Expert
So I am just getting into quoting landlord insurance and I have someone who wants to insure with ACV. I am doing a quote thru Foremost and it's asking for amount of insurance and current market value minus land or ACV. What's the best way to properly answer these questions?

Thanks

You should have access to a system similar to CoreLogic which will give you the square footage and the rebuild amount. Formost will have some guidelines for a Landlord Policy and you can get county records to see the assessed value, or zillow to get a street estimate for value Make sure to differentiate to your customer the difference between Landlord (only covers structure) and a full homeowners policy. Many will argue on the insured amount of coverage.

This is a complicated quote for my first one. There appears to be multiple properties on same premises

Spoke with Foremost underwriting and they pretty much said I need to ask the insured how much he is looking to insure the properties that are connected on same premises. I quoted him, and I don't think I did a great job. Haven't heard back so I don't think he's interested which is probably for the best.

Spoke with Foremost underwriting and they pretty much said I need to ask the insured how much he is looking to insure the properties that are connected on same premises. I quoted him, and I don't think I did a great job. Haven't heard back so I don't think he's interested which is probably for the best.
Sounds like he was shopping because he did not like what his current carrier was saying. You might get a return call from him but be careful of the exposure. It may not be worth the commission

Definitely be careful on these . I usually get them a separate RC cost quote and include it in the proposal. Then have them initial the RC cost quote and sign off saying they declined RC.

Back