Advice on Selling Medicare Supplements

Rob -

You need to read this thread again. It was YOU that offered to send me a check. I suggested $400 but until YOU made the offer to pay me, I never asked for anything. I further suggested you send what you think my "training" was worth. Since you keep reminding me how successful you and your team have been, let's see how much you think I added to that success.

So, what's it going to be? You going to follow through or no?

Rick

Last edited:
And the truth should be known, otherwise people will form opinions on their own based on what the pea brains say.

Since you've been regularly forthcoming with psychological advice for many of us, let me return the favor...

Once (if?) you come to the conclusion, as I have, that people are going to think what they're going to think, and understand that you have no control over it, and don't worry about it, you may find some serenity.

1. I make sure they understand that they must qualify for these savings and that we must in essence choose them. Everybody wants to save money but who can qualify? I ask the tobacco question and if they say they dont use it I say, this is why so many people would get angry with me but the reality is they are the ones smoking! I make them feel great for passing the smoking test.

2. I am not licensed so I cant quote rates (how lame) I dont want a license either. I assume close by saying when you save this money I am begging you to put it into life insurance but Sharon its your decision, you may want to spend this extra $500 on a couple of nice dresses. Its your decision. Now how old are you again?

Amen to that Brother. I need to always keep this in mind for the future.

"Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit."

Be blessed my friend and the number one thing you should consider in your presentation is this:

Needs of the consumer.

;)

You are very correct. If you dont have enemies you are doing something wrong. An adversary has discerned your Assignment. However, these man have been here for a long time and they are just angry in heart to see your success. Don't get puffed up. They are deep in the game of life. If they sat down and relaxed for a moment they would realize that they should be exalting your credibility and successes for their own sake. I know that you aren't perfect either! None of us are lol.

This seems true in your sales approach and perhaps your life as well (based on this statement), but I disagree, I've seen many change their thinking when presented with caring, logic and valid support of what you're discussing. Whether it's been myself, customers, friends, associate's, etc.

people are going to think what they're going to think, and understand that you have no control over it, and don't worry about it, you may find some serenity.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Needs of the Customer. That set my mind on fire. Thank you boss! I have never seemed to acknowledge their needs.

LOL, that is generally common knowledge in sales, but I'm glad it may have ignited you. Ask questions, and listen, telling is not selling. John Maxwell has a great quote I often repeat.

"People don't care how much you know til they know how much you care."

Last edited by a moderator:
Be blessed my friend and the number one thing you should consider in your presentation is this:

Needs of the consumer.

I have been successfully involved in the sale of insurance products since 1991. I have been involved in sales since 1981. I learned a long time ago that people will rarely buy what they need...they will however almost always buy what they want.

You can get from point "A" to point "B" with a Pontiac Bonneville, yet some will pay for a Benz to do the same thing. Did they buy what they need?

Not suggesting anyone push something that someone doesn't need, but learning and practicing the art of uncovering and selling to wants will result in far more success than selling to needs.

Okay, Im good to go. No need for any more Med Supp appointment setting advice (I'm serious). Thank you Rob and Moonlight! I know if I had or desired a license I would want all of your information. I would pay for your advice.

1. You have a balance
2. You have obvious authority

THANK YOU! I TRULY AM SATISFIED WITH YOUR BASIC INFO! MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOUR LIFE IN EVERY WAY, FOREVER....!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have been successfully involved in the sale of insurance products since 1991. I have been involved in sales since 1981. I learned a long time ago that people will rarely buy what they need...they will however almost always buy what they want.

You can get from point "A" to point "B" with a Pontiac Bonneville, yet some will pay for a Benz to do the same thing. Did they buy what they need?

Not suggesting anyone push something that someone doesn't need, but learning and practicing the art of uncovering and selling to wants will result in far more success than selling to needs.

Very nice info! Wow I have to make them in essence WANT this NEED. NICEEEEE! Everybody on this forum is a true salesman. Jesus thank you for leading me here! I am amazed at your answer to my prayer.

Last edited:
God continues to pour in when we continue to pour out. His plans are to prosper and not harm right?

But remember . . .

"Faith without works is dead"

So get to work, LOL

and

"Diligent hands bring wealth, lazy hands, poverty."

See a pattern for success yet?

And the number one piece of sales advice is also in the bible:

"Ask and it shall be given to you."

Matthew 7:7:

Peace out, I have to learn 12 songs for a gig tonight, have a great day!

Okay, Im good to go. No need for any more Med Supp appointment setting advice (I'm serious). Thank you Rob! I know if I had or desired a license I would want all of your information. I would pay for your advice.

1. You have a balance
2. You have obvious authority

THANK YOU! I TRULY AM SATISFIED WITH YOUR BASIC INFO! MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOUR LIFE IN EVERY WAY, FOREVER....!

Just set an appointment for a J plan. I only want to work with J plans until they are gone. I have made them WANT a NEED by switching them to J and adding NEEDED coverage for the same or slightly lower rate! 12 songs is a lot of songs to memorize by the way!

Back