Advice on Starting w/ Globe Life- Liberty National Worksite

Looking for mid-life career change. Stable self-employment in service based business but stuck in 50-70k range for 5 years.

Have experience selling b2b but it is limited.

Friend is an agency owner and I would relocate and work from his office. My family has interest in a geographic move but it is difficult to relocate my service business and I want a less physically demanding job for the next decades of my life.

Risk and hustle and commission do not scare me. Most of my adult life has been in self-employment.

I see they churn through hundreds of new hires and a few stick and make great income. Some of those stay long term and move up and others burn out or look for different routes.

Anyone here have advice or input? Specifically on GL/LN for or against.

Looking for mid-life career change. Stable self-employment in service based business but stuck in 50-70k range for 5 years.

Friend is an agency owner and I would relocate and work from his office. My family has interest in a geographic move but it is difficult to relocate my service business and I want a less physically demanding job for the next decades of my life.

Risk and hustle and commission do not scare me. Most of my adult life has been in self-employment.

I see they churn through hundreds of new hires and a few stick and make great income. Some of those stay long term and move up and others burn out or look for different routes.

Be independent and use Assurity worksite and Manhattan Life.

If you need training that can be a good way to go. Another would be PMA with Washington National.. However, if you are a self starter can learn from studying what others have written, then I would suggest being independent. Manhattan is a good company to use... Washington National (Direct) is another.

If you need training that can be a good way to go. Another would be PMA with Washington National.. However, if you are a self starter can learn from studying what others have written, then I would suggest being independent. Manhattan is a good company to use... Washington National (Direct) is another.
I have good reading comprehension. Is it realistic to start totally independent?
I currently work as an instructor for 6 hours every Monday for a local non-profit that pays my mortgage every month.
If going at it completely independent is a realistic option without working fir an agency or captive to learn the business, I could stay in my current location and build while a customer base while maintaining my instructor income.
This is less risk but I’m completely unfamiliar with the upside potential.
Any resources you recommend for worksite insurance sales from scratch as an independent?

I started in the biz with them (at a subsidiary of the now rebranded Torchmark/Globe Life)

I enjoyed it while I was there and I quickly rose up the ranks to become a Branch Manager. I didn't know any better at the time. It was either work there or go hungry. So I went to work.

This was in the 2000's though. I had a lot of fun. Qualified for conventions, made a lot of money etc. etc.

At the time I needed the handholding, I needed the rah rah sales meetings, I needed the accountability and I definitely needed the training.

One thing they really did well was put a new agent in the passenger seat and take them on prospecting/sales appointments. In fact there was a level of supervisor/manager that was required to do that. They were required to make you money!

But then its sink or swim and that's why they get the rep for churn and burn. As soon as they let you off the leash, they are putting it on a new agent and repeating the cycle.

I do know this....I would not be where I am today without having gone through that type of experience. I was there 6 years in total.

I have good reading comprehension. Is it realistic to start totally independent?
I currently work as an instructor for 6 hours every Monday for a local non-profit that pays my mortgage every month.
If going at it completely independent is a realistic option without working fir an agency or captive to learn the business, I could stay in my current location and build while a customer base while maintaining my instructor income.
This is less risk but I’m completely unfamiliar with the upside potential.
Any resources you recommend for worksite insurance sales from scratch as an independent?
One book I found interesting was YOU CAN TOO written by a top AFLAC producer..

Amazon.com : you can too jonny

There are others I am sure..

As for companies, I can put you in touch with a couple of IMOs for contracting.

One book I found interesting was YOU CAN TOO written by a top AFLAC producer..

Amazon.com : you can too jonny

There are others I am sure..

As for companies, I can put you in touch with a couple of IMOs for contracting.
Another book to be found on Amazon is
Worksite Marketing – A Promise to Deliver by Patricia J. Rullo.

It is available as a Kindle Edition.. I have gotten to where I buy very few paper and ink books.. Kindle books generally are cheaper and go every where I go on the cloud. If you don't have it, the kindle app is free for your devices.

Back