AETNA BEING HELPFUL TELESALING YOUR CLIENTS.

margostl

Super Genius
So I get this courtesy email the 15th of October, in a nutshell stating your clients will be contacted by telesales from Aetna.You will remain Aor, however if they change plans your commission will change.
WHY? For retention purposes.I'm offended.In my experience if they've changed it's because the other carrier offered something you didn't Now what will happen is confusion, because I will get additional calls from my clients that I've already did plan reviews on.The majority are happy and opted to stay but switched to a better 2023 plan.Anybody else see a problem with this? I'm way to busy for this.I wonder why some agents deliberately leave wrong contact info. .

So I get this courtesy email the 15th of October, in a nutshell stating your clients will be contacted by telesales from Aetna.You will remain Aor, however if they change plans your commission will change.
WHY? For retention purposes.I'm offended.In my experience if they've changed it's because the other carrier offered something you didn't Now what will happen is confusion, because I will get additional calls from my clients that I've already did plan reviews on.The majority are happy and opted to stay but switched to a better 2023 plan.Anybody else see a problem with this? I'm way to busy for this.I wonder why some agents deliberately leave wrong contact info. .

It is “par for the course” with Aetna MA plans- they pull this shit every year! Many agents that I know are really tired of this, including myself. I’m doing my darndest to remove them from Aetna plans whenever possible. Aetna has never been capable of achieving good star ratings, so it resorts to creating their new unrated plans to stay relevant and keep the money flowing.

Aetna will deny that they are transferring to a different AOR, but a buddy of mine (who used to work at Aetna) told me last year that they were giving lists of members that needed to be moved to their new preferred plan to their preferred FMOs.
They will also send their cutesy post cards to members to reveal the new, improved plans, which the local agent manager knew nothing about when I asked 2 AEPs ago.
I have had a few where I kept AOR status, but also lost one where Aetna Commissions claimed that an outside agency sold it, although the member denied it. The mb ended up phoning Mb Services to change AOR, but it was not valid until the first of the following year.

Last edited:
Tell your clients to "just say no".

Go on Producer World and read the retention policy. The only way you don’t stay AOR is if your client enrolls with a different agent. I need to move a ton of Aetna clients from one MAPD to another. They said have them call member services and they will transfer them to telesales and we retain AOR. The telesales agents are paid hourly I was told and do not get any commissions. The manager also told me to keep track and if any drop off to let her know and it’s her job to research that.

That being said I am doing most of mine myself but will offer them to call member services if they feel comfortable doing so.

I have only been working Medicare since 2010, but I can count on one hand the number of folks that changed to MAPD because of a telesale or TV offer.

Stopped using Humana PDP years ago, and rarely suggested anything with UHC brand. Wrote a few Omaha and Anthem/BX PDP's but not enough to worry about it.

That being said, I do have a number of Aetna/CVS/SilverScript folks. I don't see any of them taking the no premium + free everything bait.

2 of my clients with United and Humana called in this yr and they Transferred them to internal agents . I stayed Aor on both . I’m playing huge defense with all clients . Sending letters talk to no one even if they say their United or Humana . When I called all clients the past 4 weeks I spent 5 mins very verbally warning them to stay off phone and fill nothing out .CO’s ate petrified of losing clients and move them

I have only been working Medicare since 2010, but I can count on one hand the number of folks that changed to MAPD because of a telesale or TV offer.

Stopped using Humana PDP years ago, and rarely suggested anything with UHC brand. Wrote a few Omaha and Anthem/BX PDP's but not enough to worry about it.

That being said, I do have a number of Aetna/CVS/SilverScript folks. I don't see any of them taking the no premium + free everything bait.

Just my opinion but if I had to make a living selling only Med Sups I would go sell cars or something. What a PITA to ask all the health questions and having to switch them all every 3 or 4 years. Been at least 3 years since I asked a health question other then ESRD. You obviously have a lot more patience then I do. No idea how no one in your area wants MAPD when about half of all enrolled for to MAPD now. You must really know how to berate those plans or something. I show both along with a Cost Plan and most take the MA and if they don’t they choose the Cost Plan. There is 0% chance any of my MAPD clients would go back to paying premiums for a Med Sup and PDP.

I’m not putting down your business decisions, the MAPD plans must really suck in your area or something. Happy AEP.

Here it goes again.

Some of us agents believe that mangled care is not what's in our clients best interests. I won't sell it regardless of the freebies.

And I'm sure a book of 800 med supps is more then a car salesman makes with less time spent.

The 31st ammendment allows indy agents to choose their biz model. I love my med supp and ACA model

Latest posts

Back