Aetna "Warm Welcome" Call

This is a little scary to me. You know, Humana often recommends that the client switch to a plan without Rx coverage. They do so when the client calls them direct, and they don't notify the agent. Thankfully, agents have been able to have Humana reverse the decision, but that's not the point. The point is that some "navigator" at the home office is advising my client without doing a needs analysis like I have. The e-mail from Aetna said they would advise the client of alternative plans that are in the client's FINANCIAL interest. Hmmm... like limited benefit plans for instance?
Second thing, is that the Agent isn't notified first. I'm sure the "welcome call" will come first, before we have a chance to address the issues ourselves. They should give us 2-3 days of lead time at least.

They'll find a way to bring back their $50K or $25K CYM maj Med plans....lol

aetna is anyone writing these pikers? If you live in state where they are competitive, I'd like to know which alternate reality you live? Earth2?

I'm borderline whether I would rather lose a case vs having to deal wit their crap....

it's ok .......I heard buying insurance from Aetna will give you the clap, someone told me that...I don't know if it's true?

Just got the same email. They are doing tons of direct advertising in Georgia, and the minute I read that I had the very same thoughts that are being posted here. Makes me feel less paranoid.

Stop all the panic & predictions, guys!

Remember that we will NOT be using Aetna very often, anyway!

And, that Assurant has been doing this for years....to HELP the agent RETAIN a client with an un-favorable underwriting decision.

Let Aetna do what they will. Then call your client & review what they've done. Maybe it WILL retain the client & keep them happy.

Warn them (of the limits) IF Aetna has moved them over to a limited-benefit product. Let THEM decide to be happy about the decision (or not).

You've retained contact as their agent, advised them & collected your two-dollars-and-fifty-cents.

Aetna rates in texas seem to be on the rise lately.....have not had to do an application with them for months.....

Back