Aflac Or Conseco?

Acting like a "professional" requires a lot more than simply using correct grammar. It also involves having the maturity and wisdom not to nit pick someone over something as petty as a few misspelled words on an anonymous insurance forum. I hope you don't nit pick your clients!

Besides, I think it would be a safe assumption that there would be A LOT more misspelled posts if it weren't for spell check. This is my first and last post on the whole misspelling issue. I'm not getting baited into a petty argument over something trivial. I'm just here to find out about a potential position with Conseco.

Scott...i Met A Guy Several Years Ago Thru Monster Or Careerbuilder??? Anyway Sounded Really Good, Even Went Along With Him On Some Jobsites.(this Is The Worksite Marketing Division On Conseco) I Kept In Touch With Him For All This Time Off And On And When I Had Enough Of My Last "captive" Gig Gave Him A Call And Started Up With Conseco."p.m.a. Is Their Worksite Marketing Division. As You Are Hesitant So Was I In A Bigggg Way. All The Negative Talk On Here About Them Plus The Bad Press, I Did Some Research And The Bad Stuff,seems Like It Was Mostly Med. Sup And Ltc, But Never The Less Scared Me.
In The First Month I Have Made Some Fantastic Money!!!! They Have All Kinds Of Incentives,bonuses Etc. I Think They Are Great,really.
I Have Been Hooked Into That"pre-set Appointment" Stuff Before With Other Companies And It Never Is Like They Say It Will Be.
I Would Ask Them About Their Worksite Division If I Were You. The Training Is Like Nothing I Have Ever Seen And I Feel That They Really Want You To Succeed.
I Could Never Get A Straight Answer As To Exactly Why No One On Here Likes Them.
It Worries Me That Mark Griffin Thinks So Poorly Of Them, He Seems To Be A Good Sourse Of Information On All Things Insurance Related.
I Also Suffered Financially When I First Started In The Insurance Bizz , Just Remember This "always Treat People With Dignaty And Respect" And You Can't Help But Be Successful!!!
Good Luck!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"It Worries Me That Mark Griffin Thinks So Poorly Of Them, He Seems To Be A Good Sourse Of Information On All Things Insurance Related."

OOOOPPPPSSSS!!!!

Mark Rosenthal

OK, let's get some pet peeves out of the way first:

1. I is ALWAYS capitalized. Don't use lower-case letters for it. You are not e.e cummings.
2. There are these neat little things called paragraphs. Don't give me blocks and blocks of text together.
3. Firefox has a built-in spell checker. Use it!
4. Don't capitalize the first letter of almost every single word. And would it kill you to write out business instead of [sic]"bizz"?

I'll leave the comparison of the two companies to the more knowledgeable, but the name Conseco always makes me think of a certain baseball player who was terrible at fielding.

Honestly, I do not view myself as a jerk. I am a professional, and I act as such. When I speak, I try to speak correctly. When I email or post things, I try to make them so that people understand them, and know what I am saying. I try to look and act professional, which is why I try to use correct spelling and grammar and punctuation in my posts.
Also, I try to spell the word "professors" correctly. I think spelling every other word incorrectly makes you look like an ***, and I for one do not want to do business with idiots!
We are insurance professionals, the least we can do is act like them. Wouldn't you agree? I really do not like how some people come on this board, and leave a first impression, I mean post, riddled with spelling errors. It makes us insurance professionals as a whole, look stupid. On a personal note, I really need to use spellchecker more...

Use Firefox.

Use Firefox.

I actually had Caps lock on when I posted that and when I hit submit that is the way it posted. Where do you all get off being so critical of others? This will be my last post on this forum. I am sure there are others like me who visit this forum for information and guidance and are hesitant to post for fear of being ridiculed for any little mistake they may make.

" I really do not like how some people come on this board, and leave a first impression, I mean post, riddled with spelling errors. It makes us insurance professionals as a whole, look stupid. On a personal note, I really need to use spellchecker more..."

Sorry you really don't like it Russ,do you own this forum Mr. Perfect?

All I have to say on the spelling thing is, if you were to turn in a paper with alot of spelling errors, you would probably get an "F" on it. But hey, I guess communicating well now is less important then it was in grade school, right?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sorry for the double post, but to answer your first question, I would stay away from Conseco. I have never heard a good thing about them, ever.

Last edited:
I actually had Caps lock on when I posted that and when I hit submit that is the way it posted. Where do you all get off being so critical of others? This will be my last post on this forum. I am sure there are others like me who visit this forum for information and guidance and are hesitant to post for fear of being ridiculed for any little mistake they may make.

" I really do not like how some people come on this board, and leave a first impression, I mean post, riddled with spelling errors. It makes us insurance professionals as a whole, look stupid. On a personal note, I really need to use spellchecker more..."

Sorry you really don't like it Russ,do you own this forum Mr. Perfect?

All I was doing was telling you something that would help you. I, in no way, was being a jerk. Firefox has spell check.

Calm down.

They have some great trips though.

I will give them that. They sent me to Casaers Palace and spent lots of money on me.

THat was their biggest problem. THey knew how to blow money. They bought things like race horses, race cars, jets and crazy things and the top people all paid themselves tons of money.

Then they bought Green Tree Financial and didnt know they were about to go under. Big Mistake.

In no time at all, the stock was down to 2 cent a share and AM BEST had given them a junk rating.

I'm not going to go in detail, but I've never been done more wrong by an insurance company then what they did to other agents and me.

They do know how to blow money and how to have great trips that you will get a 1099 on later.

I can't wait until they day they go out of business and I don't think I will have to wait long.

THe smartest thing they could do is change their name.

Conseco was the company that went around buying all the smaller companies destroying them.

Anyone that does a GOOGLE search on them or studies their AM best report will see that you need to stay away from them.

Again, of all the companies I think that Suck, they are on top of my list.

Back