Aflac......

Hope I'm not necroposting this... but I am being approached by Aflac to contract with them since they are not captive... The manager was pretty big on having me sign the contact then and there, today in the interview.

I'm not sure where I stand with Edward Jones, but the opportunity with EDJ is really pretty looking and I want to go with it. Otherwise, I'm thinking of going with two non captives, a subsidiary of MassMutual and Aflac (maybe?) and contracting W-9 with CHI Payment systems and just being a jack of(f) all trades salesman, as opposed to the very focused EDJ Financial Advisor.

Other than some nastiness directed towards Aflac on this forum, what are the insiders secrets' I need to know? From a n00b standpoint, it doesn't seem so bad to have them as a tool, but I dont know what you veterans know...

Hope I'm not necroposting this... but I am being approached by Aflac to contract with them since they are not captive... The manager was pretty big on having me sign the contact then and there, today in the interview.

I'm not sure where I stand with Edward Jones, but the opportunity with EDJ is really pretty looking and I want to go with it. Otherwise, I'm thinking of going with two non captives, a subsidiary of MassMutual and Aflac (maybe?) and contracting W-9 with CHI Payment systems and just being a jack of(f) all trades salesman, as opposed to the very focused EDJ Financial Advisor.

Other than some nastiness directed towards Aflac on this forum, what are the insiders secrets' I need to know? From a n00b standpoint, it doesn't seem so bad to have them as a tool, but I dont know what you veterans know...

David...you don't want AFLAC. They're so saturated.

Your biggest competition as an AFLAC agent, is probably other AFLAC agents. I hate that damned duck!:laugh:

So they hire too many people?

I see a lot of opportunity with the ACA and supplemental health but theoretically would I be better off going with a non captive agency (they are called midsouth financial, you can Google them) that uses the one card system if I don't land EDJ. Or should I try to get back office experience? Or call and call and beg and beg Boman to teach me the 360 Financial ways!!?

So they hire too many people?

I see a lot of opportunity with the ACA and supplemental health but theoretically would I be better off going with a non captive agency (they are called midsouth financial, you can Google them) that uses the one card system if I don't land EDJ. Or should I try to get back office experience? Or call and call and beg and beg Boman to teach me the 360 Financial ways!!?

Damn David, you're bouncing more than you were before...now you're talking about selling O'bamacrap. Make up your mind which segment you want to focus on..then do it!

Maybe if you start a new thread to apologize to Ben and beg him to train you, he might do it. He can show you how to make money. You could've already been selling FE. Instead, you're waiting for EDJ. How long is that interview process. It must be tough if DHK didn't get hired. Good luck.:)

Damn David, you're bouncing more than you were before...now you're talking about selling O'bamacrap. Make up your mind which segment you want to focus on..then do it!

Maybe if you start a new thread to apologize to Ben and beg him to train you, he might do it. He can show you how to make money. You could've already been selling FE. Instead, you're waiting for EDJ. How long is that interview process. It must be tough if DHK didn't get hired. Good luck.:)

I think it really depends on what Home Office is up to...

I've heard it takes an average of a month... They have you complete a virtual day in the life assessment as the last piece before they make an offer.

Okay, no Obamacrap then! No Aflac! I forgot to mention Mutual of Omaha has been pestering me for an interview, so I'm going to give them one. New York Life gave me a call today also, hah.

When I mentioned Ben, I was thinking more along the lines of emailing and calling him trying to find out where he is and meet him somewhere!!

I think it really depends on what Home Office is up to...

I've heard it takes an average of a month... They have you complete a virtual day in the life assessment as the last piece before they make an offer.

Okay, no Obamacrap then! No Aflac! I forgot to mention Mutual of Omaha has been pestering me for an interview, so I'm going to give them one. New York Life gave me a call today also, hah.

When I mentioned Ben, I was thinking more along the lines of emailing and calling him trying to find out where he is and meet him somewhere!!

Just don't share a motel room with him...he'll make you forget all about EDJ.:twitchy:

Instead, you're waiting for EDJ. How long is that interview process. It must be tough if DHK didn't get hired. Good luck.:)

I don't know exactly why I didn't get hired, but it was over 10 years ago.

I also emphasized my Mormon missionary door-to-door background too! You'd think it would be a perfect fit... but it wasn't meant to be.

I'm not the same person I was 10 years ago, so maybe it was something in my demeanor or my posture. Maybe I looked a little "needy" in my eyes or something. I don't know.

But oh well!

----------

Here's my review on Mutual of Omaha as a career agent:

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...tual-omaha-career-agent-resources-t41669.html

Back