Aflack

Because those consumers haven't been educated yet.

Little more on the education thing, which is my whole presentation anyway. I was a tire builder for Goodyear for many years. Best tires in the world.

Goodyear also made Kelly and Lee tires. Same exact tires. When a tire left my tire building machine I had no idea if it was going to branded Goodyear or Kelly.

Say I'm in the store when someone comes in to buy a tire. The Goodyear is $100, the Kelly is $90 and the Lee is $85. Average person is probably going to buy the Goodyear. But what I tell them, those are the exact same tire. I built all 3 of them. Now which one will they buy?

That's how I do my life insurance presentations. I educate them on whole life, term and UL. I explain why we recommend whole life for funeral purposes. I call their current company to get all the details before making any recommendation.

Even if they don't want to do anything they now have a full info on what they have and what else is available.

Throughout the presentation they have told me what their interest, wants and concerns are. Either verbally or by motions.

I simply then make a recommendation based on those needs, wants and concerns. If they don't want to do that then I'm on my way. I do not try to talk them into anything. If I feel maybe they aren't understanding something I will go back. But if they have a full understanding of what I've recommended and don't want to move then I'm done there.

I throw that lead away and never contact them again. Until they send in another card. And they will.

Now, I am starting with an advantage because I'm only meeting with shoppers. I don't cold call. They requested I be there.

I’ll add, sometimes my recommendation is that they do nothing. I had one a couple weeks ago that had 2 policies. I could combine them for the same coverage at $4 more per month. She had $1200 cash in the two.

She asked what she should do. I told her it was a personal choice. Is it worth $4 month more from now on to get $1200 now?

She said it was. Did the KSKJ eApp and she was a flat decline.

The company that I was sure would take her would put her $20 more per month.

She asked again what to do. I said if you want to what’s right for me then do this policy. If you want to do what’s right for you then stay where you are. If you need some cash I’ll help you borrow on that one.

She stayed and didn’t borrow either.

The do what’s right for you is something I say in every home. “Do what’s right for you. Not what’s right for me. Not what’s right for the company. Do what’s right for YOU!”

Last edited:
Right. But on what planet are Fords and Chevys the same?
The same planet on which all insurance companies are the same. The policy coverage may be the same but there is more to consider than that. You need to consider quality of service which Ford wins hands down.

The same planet on which all insurance companies are the same. The policy coverage may be the same but there is more to consider than that. You need to consider quality of service which Ford wins hands down.

When talking about the product it doesn't matter. There is not one company better as a whole than another. Even SNL pays claims. Settlers is out of business and pays claims.

But hey, rationalize it anyway it makes you feel better about it.

As for Ford service, they will never compete with Chevy on anything. And we own a ford and a GMC.

When talking about the product it doesn't matter. There is not one company better as a whole than another. Even SNL pays claims. Settlers is out of business and pays claims.

But hey, rationalize it anyway it makes you feel better about it.

As for Ford service, they will never compete with Chevy on anything. And we own a ford and a GMC.
I have two Fords. A Flex and an Explorer Sport Track which I love. I hate to admit this but one of my all time favorite cars was Korean. A Kia Sedona. We had no trouble with it but it was nearing 200K MILES and when I got sick my wife wanted a new vehicle she felt she could depend on so we bought the Flex. Gave the Kia to my daughter to use in her catering business. It now is well over 300K and of the 7 vans she has, most GMC, the Kia is the favorite with her employees.

I have two Fords. A Flex and an Explorer Sport Track which I love. I hate to admit this but one of my all time favorite cars was Korean. A Kia Sedona. We had no trouble with it but it was nearing 200K MILES and when I got sick my wife wanted a new vehicle she felt she could depend on so we bought the Flex. Gave the Kia to my daughter to use in her catering business. It now is well over 300K and of the 7 vans she has, most GMC, the Kia is the favorite with her employees.

Our Ford is new. Like 3 months new. It's my wife's car. Mustang Mach EV. I was opposed to a Ford but everyone with a wife knows that doesn't matter all that much when they want.

Sometimes you get replaced for much higher or much lower face amount. I am not saying this is ethical. If you sold a 3k policy and the client really wanted 50k, I can easily see the new agent saying lets replace that 3k and get you 50k at blablabla. Clients dont understand 2 year waiting period and they may not analyze cost per thousand as we do. They just look at if the amount quoted is within their budget. I normally leave any policy that has been in the books for awhile. And I understand some captives replace anything that comes in front of them if the state allows it.

Back