Aged Leads and DNC

rizzle

Guru
100+ Post Club
FL
Would aged internet leads showing up on the DNC list be ok to call? Since they inputted their phone number as a contact number to receive insurance information i'm thinking this would be ok.

Would aged internet leads showing up on the DNC list be ok to call? Since they inputted their phone number as a contact number to receive insurance information i'm thinking this would be ok.

I think there is a time limit on how long you have to call them if they are on the DNC list and request for an insurance agent to call them.

But, with that being said, I still would call them. Just act like you are doing a follow up.

Guys,

You have 90 days only from the date they inquired. If over 90 days & you "act like you're doing a follow up" & they realize you are trying to pull a fast one....Not worth the Penalty!

But free advice is worth what you pay for it.

DNC consent to contact without prior business relationship is 90 days like bob said. After that its a dnc violation if reported, founded, and proven.

Its a big fine.

but what is the original lead creation date? if ur buying from after market vendors, u might never know though the good ones will include the timestamp from the vendor, but that of course can be faked.

but what is the original lead creation date? if ur buying from after market vendors, u might never know though the good ones will include the timestamp from the vendor, but that of course can be faked.

Yes, good catch.

With all the Fraud we are seeing these days, I'd be extremely careful. We are getting "aged" leads submitted as "real time" leads through our system. Hard to catch & we have pretty darn good people & tools to do so.

What is the legal agreement between you & the lead vendor? Who indemnifies whom? Pretty important IMO. Does the vendor have the assets/insurance to handle a claim in this area? Do you?

Remember you are dealing with the Fed's on this, not some local attorney in small claims court. Burden will be on you.

Bob -

The same question applies on real time leads. I've called a lead that 'just arrived' to have them tell me that was 6 months ago or that they never filled out any insurance form, whatever.

Both of these can be violations of the DNC list. I've never had someone file a complaint (that I am aware of), but it could happen. Doesn't matter that it is an aged lead (within 90 days) or a real time lead, exact same problem exists.

Dan

Bob -

The same question applies on real time leads. I've called a lead that 'just arrived' to have them tell me that was 6 months ago or that they never filled out any insurance form, whatever.

Both of these can be violations of the DNC list. I've never had someone file a complaint (that I am aware of), but it could happen. Doesn't matter that it is an aged lead (within 90 days) or a real time lead, exact same problem exists.

Dan

Keep the lead card. I believe you would be ok as you genuinely thought the person had requested to be contacted. Now, if the vendor is consistently producing a large number of leads that claim to have requested contact and did not, that is probably a different story.

Be careful of aged lead vendors who "re-date" their leads. I've caught several lead vendors who do this. They pass it off like it's 60 days old, but in reality it's 6 months old.

Again, this isn't a problem with just aged lead vendors, its a problem with affiliates trying to make some additional bucks, resending in old leads as new leads.

Once that happens, it will then get resold as a new (aged) lead (even though it was probably credited by the lead company). I don't think aged leads pull out any bogus leads that were credited for being bogus by the lead company.

This is one of the reasons you don't pay much for them.

Back