Aged Leads and DNC

Ahh, no.
It costs almost nothing but a few minutes, depending on what area you work.

You can get 5 area codes for free.

If you outsource scrubbing, then yes, I'm sure there is a fee. Don't outsource it, no real fee (at least not per name).

Dan

Don't it cost like 5 cent a per name to scrub it against the dnc list?

I can do it for a penny a record, maybe less. Looking into setting up to do it in-house (as opposed to through the folks I resell for), and that will give me more control over price, but I can do a penny a record now.

i have figured that an aged list i got from AgedLeadsStore.com 86-250 days old has rougly 50% of the numbers on the national DNC list. I have requested half my money back as to me the leads are of no value. so out of 121 numbers, 24% were bad and of the remaining 92 , 55% on the DNC list. 46/121 numbers could call.
thx for the info.
i just scrub the names from the DNC list using the registery on the TransAm website.

Last edited:
BIG Difference between my real time & protection against fraud or liability to the agent. We know where the lead came from.

I know whether it was entered on my site, landing page, IP address, affiliate, etc. We also have insurance.

So risk with me, almost nil other than the fact one would be named in the complaint.

Why scrub agains the DNC list if you buy the lead "real time?" No reason to.

But I would be careful with the others.

FYI: Had another call today from a guy wanting me to sell him "data" so he could sell it aged 3-5 days.....not.

a lead on my 86-250 day aged lead list i got on 7/29 resurfaced on a hometownquote lead i received on 9/22.
what do these things just get tossed around for a couple of years or something..lmao
the aged lead costs 40 cents , hometown is charging 12 bucks.

Aged leads are not scrubbed against the DNC. You will not get half your money back, since that is why they have that date timeframe break.

You have to get them less than 90 days to stay clear of the DNC list.

Yes, some leads do get bounced around. I'm sure if you talk with Bob on the lead that got recycled (assuming the prospect didn't actually enter the info again), he will gladly trace down how it got into the system again....

Dan

I'd be extremely careful. We are getting "aged" leads submitted as "real time" leads through our system.
What is the legal agreement between you & the lead vendor? Who indemnifies whom? Pretty important IMO.

I had an example of this Bob..see above post.
To be safe it seems regardless of time frame of lead source it should be checked. If it does appear as a DNC and without a clear legal agreement then you need to verify some type of official time documentation of the lead to cover yourself as best as possible if you choose to call. nothings easy.

Don't complicate it.
Aged leads are date/time stamped. If you are within 90 days of that date, you are acting in good faith. If you are outside of 90 days, then you need to check the DNC.

I've never heard of someone getting a DNC fine for dialing a wrong number or inadvertently calling someone on the DNC list, if, they make general effort to be in compliance. You can read about the safe harbor provisions of the DNC rules, a simple overview is at: Q&A For Telemarketers & Sellers About DNC Provisions in TSR | BCP Business Center

In short, it says:
32. What’s my liability if my company inadvertently calls a number on the registry?
The TSR has a “safe harbor” for inadvertent mistakes. If a seller or telemarketer can show that, as part of its routine business practice, it meets all the requirements of the safe harbor, it will not be subject to civil penalties or sanctions for mistakenly calling a consumer who has asked for no more calls, or for calling a person on the registry. To meet the safe harbor requirements, the seller or telemarketer must demonstrate that:
  1. it has written procedures to comply with the do not call requirements
  2. it trains its personnel in those procedures
  3. it monitors and enforces compliance with these procedures
  4. it maintains a company-specific list of telephone numbers that it may not call
  5. it accesses the national registry no more than 31 days (starting January 1, 2005) before calling any consumer, and maintains records documenting this process
  6. any call made in violation of the do not call rules was the result of an error.
This type of 'recycled' lead call would be an error. That is, if you comply with the rest of the rules.

Dan

Back