DeMdPaAgent

We need to get our agency licensed in the states of Virginia, New York, & Texas. Our resident agency license is in Pennsylvania. Running into some roadblocks with these three states that I have not experienced elsewhere. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Virginia - I was able to get the agency license for this state but we need to send in a Certificate of Authority within 90 days or our license will be voided. The application for the COA asks for our registered agent in VA, is this something I can do through LegalZoom?

Texas - It looks like we need to go through a similar process in Texas as we do in Virginia, does anyone know if I will need a registered agent for Texas as well?

New York - Their state employees seem to enjoy not giving you the information you need and hearing you stress out about it, like it's a sport for them. Someone on the phone told me to email our agency name and contact info to this email: [email protected] and then they would contact me with further instructions, but two months later I have heard nothing.

We need to get our agency licensed in the states of Virginia, New York, & Texas. Our resident agency license is in Pennsylvania. Running into some roadblocks with these three states that I have not experienced elsewhere. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Virginia - I was able to get the agency license for this state but we need to send in a Certificate of Authority within 90 days or our license will be voided. The application for the COA asks for our registered agent in VA, is this something I can do through LegalZoom?

Texas - It looks like we need to go through a similar process in Texas as we do in Virginia, does anyone know if I will need a registered agent for Texas as well?

New York - Their state employees seem to enjoy not giving you the information you need and hearing you stress out about it, like it's a sport for them. Someone on the phone told me to email our agency name and contact info to this email: [email protected] and then they would contact me with further instructions, but two months later I have heard nothing.
I don't do P&C but I'm licensed in most states and have gone down this road a few times.

For the registered agent, you can use a service like this one: VIRGINIA REGISTERED AGENT | $49 A YEAR | VA RESIDENT AGENT

My NY entity name approval took just shy of 3 months...

Hope that helps.

I don't do P&C but I'm licensed in most states and have gone down this road a few times.

For the registered agent, you can use a service like this one: VIRGINIA REGISTERED AGENT | $49 A YEAR | VA RESIDENT AGENT

My NY entity name approval took just shy of 3 months...

Hope that helps.

Yes that does help, it is nice to know others have experienced the same as we are going through. Do you happen to know if NY requires a registered agent as well?

New York is a pain.. no clear direction. I waited 75 days for a name approval. They didn’t send acknowledgment it was being worked on or anything

You need to have a conversation with someone in New York. All companies doing business in New York have to be separate entities. IE: ABC Insurance might need to be registered as ABC Insurance of New York

Latest posts

Back