Agents Make Me Sad

This case was referred to me by another agent that sells supplemental insurance. It is a small business with a couple full-time employees. I went to the business to quote them all for individual policies and a possible list-bill. I wrote a nice life insurance policy and a HSA for a employee. When I started working with her everything went south fast and she was denied from all carriers.

I believe she was messed over by her agent. Can I prove it? No I just believe she was.

To the agent who gave me crap for helping her without getting payed. I think that not offering to assist her is wrong for several reasons such as. I live in Huntington, Indiana a small town full of people who know each other pretty well. Word spreads in this town fast 2.) Even though I was not able to help her with her medical insurance she trusts me and respects me for assisting her without pay. As I am getting ready to also offer car and home insurance her car and home insurance could be on my books soon. 3.) She respects me and that could lead to referrals in the future. Also I am just a nice fucking guy:)

The question why did she not call the carrier. I have no clue why she did not call them. Will be a question I have for her when I go back there to finish up some documents with another employee.

Ten bucks the agent didn't know there was such a thing as major medical. New entries in the business almost always first get sucked into the indemnity agency vortex. I've converted 20 agents over to major med (mostly from Mega)......... once they found out about the crap they were selling.

This case was referred to me by another agent that sells supplemental insurance. It is a small business with a couple full-time employees. I went to the business to quote them all for individual policies and a possible list-bill.

Is small group in your state NOT guaranteed-issue?

Last I checked small group was not guarantee issue in most states, maybe cali is different. I have not written it in a while, though.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ten bucks the agent didn't know there was such a thing as major medical. New entries in the business almost always first get sucked into the indemnity agency vortex. I've converted 20 agents over to major med (mostly from Mega)......... once they found out about the crap they were selling.

Used to be a bunch of UA guys running around selling hospital indemnity, about 6-10 years ago. I wonder how many of those are still on the books??

Last edited:
How do you know the Orginial agent worked with this woman and knew she was unsurable, and gave her what she could get.

How do you know at the time, she couldnt afford major medical, so the agent gave her what she could afford?

There are 1000's of scenerios to what could have happened.....

troll

Back