ALB Insurance Marketing

I have worked with ALB for several years. In my 38 years in this business I have been affiliated with many IMO's who don't offer any lead support so I am glad that ALB does.

I think you bought the $15 call telemarketed lead. They are not qualified. All the person has to do is express interest. Some of the call center workers are more aggressive than I would like, but leads are for generating activity and these do that. If you want a more qualified lead you will pay more. For about $25 each you can get a vendor who will ask about a checking account or basic questions like oxygen use. You are not going to get a vendor to qualify a lead for $15.

ALB also offers a $30 pre-set appointment. You have to buy some appointments and some telemarketed leads. 8 appointments and 12 leads for $420. They are not qualified just expressed interest.

Everybody struggles with leads. Most vendors use basically the same script. Whether direct mail, telemarketed or appointments the prospects is usually told that social security pays a small amount and there is a new just approved plan in your state. If they asked "Do you want any life insurance?' everyone would say no.

The seniors in the Florida panhandle are bombarded with direct mail, telemarketers and TV ads. I go into a house and the lead has a stack of mail from AARP or Globe, if the TV is on an ad may run while I am there and I have even had a telemarketer call me lately. People tell me all the time to please stop calling me. I am lucky to close 2 or 3 of 20 telemarketed leads. The pre-set appointments still no show me often. Nothing upsets me more than to drive an hour and the person is not home.

Yeah, well that proves I am right in my thinking!

----------

Thanks but no thanks for your training material!

I have been in this business for 38 years and most of the IMO's I have worked with in the past offer no lead programs. ALB gives me high contracts and access to leads. They have a $15 telemarketed lead and $30 pre-set appointment. The leads are not qualified and sometimes the call center gets a little aggressive, but for $15 you are not going to get a lead that is the best quality. They do what leads are designed to do and that is to create activity. The appointments are a little better. They call the person twice to confirm, but I still have no shows. Nothing upsets me more than to drive 60 miles and the person is not at home and my next appointment is not for 2 hours. I usually sell 2 or 3 out of 20 of the leads and have sold as high as 7 out of 10 of the appointments, although that is not the norm. I am in the Florida panhandle and this area is bombarded with direct mail, telemarketers and TV. I am glad to be affiliated with ALB.

What was told to me by ALB Insurance Marketing was they would call the potential prospect and find out if they had a need for low cost Final Expense insurance just approved by the state. They would ask several questions that should have been enough to find out if the potential prospect wanted to talk further about Final Expense insurance.

Did you get into the houses?

I got into the house on about 75% these so call lead appointments.

Did you buy the Leads or did you buy Pre-set Appointments?

I thought I bought leads with some type of qualification as to whether they needed final expense insurance or if they wanted to speak with an insurance agent. That is what I bought and expected. This is not what I got.

I don't mean to sound harsh but what you are describing is

1. A $15 Telemarket lead and NOT a Pre-Set Appointment. Did it come with a recording? Did you hear the recording?

2. You admit that you got into 75% of the houses. That is actually great for a NEWBY that has just entered into the Final Expense Sales Arena. Don't be so upset!

3. Sounds like you thought you were going to knock it out of the ballpark with ZERO training. Ahh, if life were that simple.

I would recommend doing some research on what you are buying the next time you purchase leads. This insurance forums is a great place to do that.

Welcome to The Final Expense Forum :)

Last edited:
I don't mean to sound harsh but what you are describing is

1. A $15 Telemarket lead and NOT a Pre-Set Appointment. Did it come with a recording? Did you hear the recording?

2. You admit that you got into 75% of the houses. That is actually great for a NEWBY that has just entered into the Final Expense Sales Arena. Don't be so upset!

3. Sounds like you thought you were going to knock it out of the ballpark with ZERO training. Ahh, if life were that simple.

I would recommend doing some research on what you are buying the next time you purchase leads. This insurance forums is a great place to do that.

Welcome to The Final Expense Forum :)

I just forwarded the pm I got from the op to you.

Don't waste your time.

jester

Reply to your question....

Again, As I mentioned earlier....

No, I do not work for them. I work with them.

I'm an independent agent.

Btw, I was initially thinking about sending you to the man in San Antonio for guidance.........upon further review....disregard.

Somehow,, I'm thinking, MM would not be open to welcoming unnecessary headaches.

Best of luck

jester

Reply to your question....

Again, As I mentioned earlier....

No, I do not work for them. I work with them.

I'm an independent agent.

Btw, I was initially thinking about sending you to the man in San Antonio for guidance.........upon further review....disregard.

Somehow,, I'm thinking, MM would not be open to welcoming unnecessary headaches.

Best of luck

BIG SC thanks for thinking of me for the recommendation. NICE to see you on here. And PLEASE, don't send HEADACHES my direction, I'm out of Advil :no:

See ya soon amigo!!!

Jeff here at ALB. The $15 leads are just that, leads. As you stated, you were able to get into 75% and you are a new agent. I think that says everything that needs to be about my supposed dishonest comment that we provide the best tele lead in the country. I also gave you the name and number of one of my best producers that works these leads every week to help coach you up. You decided you didn't want to ride along with him or get any further help to succeed. I wish you all luck in your future endeavors.

Back