Always Check on Your Pending Business!

I fax the application in and check the website the next day. If it is not showing up received I will write "Refaxed" on the cover sheet along with the fax confirmation sheet from the original fax and send it again. This does not happen often but it did happen this week. I can't wait a month and then check!

Always check on your pending business!

I had an agent call me today and said he faxed in an application to a company over a month ago and he is just called them this morning for the 1st time to see what happening to the app. The company said they never got it.

I asked him what number he faxed it to and it was the wrong number. God knows where the app went.

I cant stress how important it is check on your pending business. Most companies have a website that you can sign in to and check on your business. Also it is okay to call the company the next day to make sure they got the app.

Don't wait a month to check on your app!

Geeez this is one of my pet-peeves! It blows me away how a MAJORITY of the agents out there do NOT follow up on their biz? Your story I hear a lot? I always have to reply with "first of all...why are you just bringing this up now?!"

Listen, after more than 10 years in this biz, I'm pretty well off. But there are still a few things I do religiously no matter what after I write biz. Calculate the commission. Triple check everything on the app is correct. then I follow that app all the way to paid and issued...EVERYDAY!

I sometimes feel that some agents go after the "sale" and then stop? I'm like..."you did all this work to get the sale and now you just give up?!" No sale is worth a damn thing if you don't get paid AND paid in a timely manner?

With all that said...my office now maintains my entire groups business and that starts to tell me which agents are doing conservation and which agents are full of bull. Like I tell all my agents...your business is my business. Your charge back is my charge back.

Thank goodness we have e-pads and all is signed inhouse and goes straight to underwriting. No follow up. Or we take epad to clients house with aircard on computer. All this follow up stuff sounds like work.

Back