Am I Missing Something Here?

The more reading I do about telemarketing and DM success in the insurance industry the more it seems like you'd be insane to buy internet leads.

Say you mail 1k mailers a week and average 1% return

10 leads close 20% of them off the bat you just put food on your table paid your bills and paid for your mailings. Then you have 8 exclusive leads to follow up and door knock! Most likely leading to 1-2 more sales if worked right. Giving you 30-40% closing ratio and 6 or 7 leads to follow up with in 30-90 days or so before trashing or maybe hold them for a year or two and hire a telemarking company to appointment set!

If you want to make more money mail more! Follow your numbers with a graph to determine the point where the diminishing returns from super saturation becomes a negative return and chill there! Make $$$$. Like I said am I missing something here? :goofy:

The reason I ask is I just did a direct mailing (my first) and I keep crunching numbers and double checking my business plan. Trying to conservative but I guess Im a little apprehensive about my calculations lol.

Looking for some experience to weigh in here.

direct mail has been far less effective for my agency...internet leads aren't for everybody, you have to have an effective plan and make sure you execute your plan correctly. consistency is key...you purchased this information. utilize it, and re-utilize it.

direct mail has been far less effective for my agency...internet leads aren't for everybody, you have to have an effective plan and make sure you execute your plan correctly. consistency is key...you purchased this information. utilize it, and re-utilize it.

Can you tell me a little more about this? What state/city are you located in? What were the parameters of your mailing and response rate? Also did they mail something back to you or just had your personal info on it?

Also internet leads are great, if you generate them yourself! Its the uncertainty of that company who is out to make a buck anyway they can that is the problem.

Can you tell me a little more about this? What state/city are you located in? What were the parameters of your mailing and response rate? Also did they mail something back to you or just had your personal info on it?

Also internet leads are great, if you generate them yourself! Its the uncertainty of that company who is out to make a buck anyway they can that is the problem.

if you continue to do what every other Sam, Dick and Mary insurance agent does you wont make it to the promised land. You may earn enough to get by but thats about it.

My advice is to be Unique.

Back