American Income Life?

fair enough Josh. They just weren't for me at the time.

I'm merely parroting what I've read about them and my general perception from the interview I did have with them.

You did much more than that.

Call me crazy, but being told that I would not be able to discuss a job offer with a lawyer or my wife for that matter isn't something I'd ever seen before.

Perhaps I just had a bad experience.

Call me crazy, but being told that I would not be able to discuss a job offer with a lawyer or my wife for that matter isn't something I'd ever seen before.

Perhaps I just had a bad experience.

Just because one person told you that doesn't mean that's how the company operates. I was told to talk it over with my girlfriend and family to make sure if I decided to do it that I was fully committed. Any company as large as Nilico is going to have bad eggs in it, but that doesn't mean the whole company is bad.

Let me chime in... I have worked for AIL on the agent and management side. Each office is "independently owned and operated" Corporate cant be in every field office at once. So that means, SGA's and MGA's can say just about whatever they want..

LIke it has been said, just because one office is bad that doens't make the entire company unethical. Also If you find a company that will pay for you to get your license, if you ever leave that comnpany they are going to send you a bill for "licensing school"

I interviewed with them and was told to come back less than a week later for another interview where they would make a hiring decision on the spot. I would then be expected to make a decision on the spot as well. I contacted them and declined the second interview.

That's not an acceptable way of doing business, especially for this kind of work. I did a lot of research on them and all is not as rosy as they claim. They do a lot of shady things and expect you to upsell their remarkably expensive policies.

They target lower to middle income people. Their union leads are not nearly as good as they claim. Most people have no idea what they are filling out when they send in their union cards.

I'm sure some people do really well with them, but any insurance company that expects YOU to pay for training and exams isn't worth your time in my opinion.

I know nothing about this company. What do they sell. Until this thread I had not heard of them I have been in this business 25 years. Sounds like a company I worked for when I first started where DM wanted to split bus with me while training. Here I am with little money and District mgr wants to split bus so he could have enough new bus to qualify for his renewals. This company was AFLAC. At that time I was just learning. Quickly cut that company out of my life

Back