American Income Life

I can understand that. I'm being 100% honest though about the policy that was sold on day 1 of field training. $199.85/monthly premium. I have seen quite a few that are lower, but the SA I'm riding with right now sold 8 policies over the past 2 weeks, 3 of them comparable ALP's.

You do not say what state you are in or what kind of leads AIL is working there. However, I can verify that what you are describing is not how AIL operates in this market.

You do not say what state you are in or what kind of leads AIL is working there. However, I can verify that what you are describing is not how AIL operates in this market.

And just what 'market' are you speaking of?? I'm in Ohio. The leads we had were POS, referrals, and union leads.

----------

funny how this is your first post. Sounds like someone inside AIL trying to save face (but it didn't work). Please sell more of this stuff in TN & GA, my agents are running of overpriced inventory to replace.

Dude...seriously?!?!? Someone inside AIL (I'm new...brand new) is probably too busy making money to be bothered with trying to defend the company against someone like yourself. I'm not trying to start any issues/problems/drama...I simply stated what I witnessed firsthand; which also goes completely against what so many people in this thread have said: The idea that people in this company don't make money. This is far from the truth. I've seen thousands upon thousands of dollars handed out in bonus in just two Monday recognition meetings.

No one is doubting that agents are making money on overpriced products and managers on gullible new agents willing to take an absurdly low commission. Once another agent comes by later with a better product and lower price that customer is going to leave so fast the AIL guy won't even know what happened

No one is doubting that agents are making money on overpriced products and managers on gullible new agents willing to take an absurdly low commission. Once another agent comes by later with a better product and lower price that customer is going to leave so fast the AIL guy won't even know what happened

Overpriced is relative. They may not have the best rates, but they offer a fair product at a fair price. One of the biggest reasons agents fail is because they don't get in front of people and AIL can solve that problem. If another agent can come along and replace the business then great, but that also means they weren't the first one in the house. Too many people don't have life insurance and if it takes an AIL agent to make it happen then I'm sure the widows and widowers would rather have paid "too much" for life insurance than having none.

Overpriced is relative. They may not have the best rates, but they offer a fair product at a fair price. One of the biggest reasons agents fail is because they don't get in front of people and AIL can solve that problem. If another agent can come along and replace the business then great, but that also means they weren't the first one in the house. Too many people don't have life insurance and if it takes an AIL agent to make it happen then I'm sure the widows and widowers would rather have paid "too much" for life insurance than having none.

I knew we were not selling a cheap product but I always felt that some coverage was better than no coverage. Josh, I do not know if it was your experience but most of the people I had seen hadn't talked to other agents.

And just what 'market' are you speaking of?? I'm in Ohio. The leads we had were POS, referrals, and union leads.

----------

Dude...seriously?!?!? Someone inside AIL (I'm new...brand new) is probably too busy making money to be bothered with trying to defend the company against someone like yourself. I'm not trying to start any issues/problems/drama...I simply stated what I witnessed firsthand; which also goes completely against what so many people in this thread have said: The idea that people in this company don't make money. This is far from the truth. I've seen thousands upon thousands of dollars handed out in bonus in just two Monday recognition meetings.

Jacob could probably buy a couple of those guys you say are too busy making money to do anything else and yet he finds time for the forum. When you start making comments about "somebody like you", you should at least have some idea of who "you" is... . :biggrin:

----------

Last edited:
First off, I have no reason to blow smoke. I'm new to the company and I'm watching people earn a lot of money (more than they have working at any other job) out of my office. It's just odd to me how soo many people on here gang up on anyone that says anything positive about AIL, as if to say there is just no way anyone can succeed with them, when it's obvious many have and many more will. When you drape yourself in negativity, that's all you'll ever get.

First, assuming that $2,000. sale was about a $167.a month. I have too assume as a seasoned life agent that is not unusual. Certainly not not going to make his week.

Now, look around your office. Trainers and managers aside, what percentage of the remaining agents have been there more than five years? Of those agents which ones do you think make a good living? Anybody that has a partime job does not count. BTW, by good living I mean net of charge back or business expenses including leads.

Lastly and just a suggestion. Do not burn your bridges here. Even the guys here that say they had a good experience there left and did not go back.

Good luck to you.

Last edited:
First, assuming that $2,000. sale was about a $167.a month. I have too assume as a seasoned life agent. Certainly not not going to make his week.

Now, look around your office. Trainers and managers aside, what percentage of the remaining agents have been there more than five years? Of those agents which ones do you think make a good living? Anybody that has a partime job does not count. BTW, by good living I mean net of charge back or business expenses including leads.

Lastly and just a suggestion. Do not burn your bridges here. Even the guys here that say they had a good experience there left and did not go back.

Good luck to you.

Thank you. I'm not trying to burn any bridges, trust and believe. I just don't understand all the negativity concerning the company from so many different people. I realize that seasoned life agents make excellent money, hence the reason why I'm moving my career in that direction. Again, what I've seen so far (granted, it's a very small sample) is the opposite of what I've read on this and other threads about the company.

Thank you. I'm not trying to burn any bridges, trust and believe. I just don't understand all the negativity concerning the company from so many different people. I realize that seasoned life agents make excellent money, hence the reason why I'm moving my career in that direction. Again, what I've seen so far (granted, it's a very small sample) is the opposite of what I've read on this and other threads about the company.

I started as a captive and a mainlined the kool aid. I did what I was told and studied. The more I learned the more I knew captive was not for me. That and my nature.

AIL is just another company to me. My negativity toward them comes from following ail agents into a home or have one try to replace me. Most used lies and deceit. That is not normal to traditional life insurance. But that is just my experience.

That should tell you something.. These guys didn't just get together one morning and decide to "let's have a pick on AIL day". You seldom see the complete picture until you have been exposed to a situation for a few months. When I first went back to AGLA, the manager made a big deal out of passing out the bonus checks..But, then over time you noticed fewer and fewer of those agents receiving checks and then they were gone, moving on to somewhere else to work their "warm" market again.

As for AIL, I have never worked for them and the things they were doing in this area might have been unique to those agents.. It seemed they were willing to say and do anything to make a sale. The smoke they blew my BIL's way was, "We usually only work with union members but you have come so highly recommended to us, the company will allow us to make an exception in your case".. :no:

Back