American Income

Not for nothing, but sometimes their clients do die and their families that would otherwise not have life insurance end up getting checks. If another carrier will give them a better rate then that's all well and good, but AIL actually gets in the door to have a discussion about life, accident, and disability insurance. It's tough to get these folks to sit down at the kitchen table with an insurance agent and they do it.

Those are good points. As far as life insurance the same can be said of LH, New York Life term or many FE plans written on standard risk clients.

Not for nothing, but sometimes their clients do die and their families that would otherwise not have life insurance end up getting checks. If another carrier will give them a better rate then that's all well and good, but AIL actually gets in the door to have a discussion about life, accident, and disability insurance. It's tough to get these folks to sit down at the kitchen table with an insurance agent and they do it.

Josh is right. Many of the AIL appointments have never talked to another agent.

Josh is right. Many of the AIL appointments have never talked to another agent.

That is not just AIL.. That is all life insurance appointments.. The only exception might be the ones made by agetns that run DRM leads due to the serial mailer factor.These days I seldom ever run into someone who has a life insurance agent..or who has ever sat across the table in their home from one. It is much different than it was in the 70s, 80s. In our county we had probably at leas 100+ full time life agents actively working the county. About 20 of those were debit agents collecting. going door to door. Today there are probably no more than 3 or 4 debit agents (and they have everybody on mail pay) and maybe a total of 20 or so full time life agents. In the meantime, the population has almost doubled.

I ran into an AIL deal yesterday. The kid sold this lady a 10k whole life and a 10k 10yr RNC or RWC???? I have no idea what that is. Neither did the client. Claims it was sold as a 20k policy. Fortunately for her I showed up and cleared up the whole mess.:yes:

Right, AIL stacked a 10k WL and a 10k 10 year term which is renewable at a higher premium, or convertible to WL, at the end of the term. 10 year R&C or something like that.

When the agents walk out the door, they have 20k in actual life insurance and gobs more of accidental.

The clients average around 40-45 years old, so they can use the term.

U probably saved them money anyways.

I know this is an old thread .... But what the heck .....

I'm currently with AIL . I am going to transition to Independent . I want to state my experience and my opinion "in a nut shell"

WARNING READERS DIGEST VERSION

-leads are free but they are worked by multiple agents and they tend to be very old (sometimes years)

-training can be good if you ask the right questions and the right people ...There is a lot of knowledge GOOD and BAD At ail

-I am able to consistently produce 2-4k (sometimes more ) a week working their leads and their system . Although I do feel like I'm pulling teeth sometimes to even sit with one of their "leads"

-Hours to be successful at ail (2-4k a week) are 9-9 5 days a week and 5 hours on saturday...I feel like it is the bootcamp of life insurance.

- without AIL I may not have ever been exposed to selling life insurance

Feel free to ask me any questions about AIL . I have been there 6 months and I have been successful. At the end of the day I want to work better leads .

I will start my independent journey throughout these next few weeks.

Former AIL'er myself...be careful what happens re vector if you leave before 12 months.

Although it did not apply to me because I didn't leave them for another insurance gig, but I've heard that some agencies will vector you for any as yet unearned advances, even though the clients are still active.

Also most likely you'd be leaving all future 1st year comp to your up line (my experience) if you leave within the first year.

And I confirm everything you've said...good training, long hours, crappy old leads. Now that I'm indy, I have no idea how I lived on what I was making at ail at 50% comp. ..my advice to anyone there: cream your leads, then move territories...leads are free, burn through them, stick and move

Back