American Memorial Clean Sheeting

Over the last week I have run into several American Memorial (Assurant) policies and every one of them were clean sheeted in some capacity. At this point, I’ve just learned to assume that questions were not answered honestly when I see these guys in the house.

Most of the time the nicotine question is marked “no,” when the client is smoking or chewing tobacco. On Saturday, I had a lady who had a slew of issues going on that I would think the MIB would catch and cause a decline(oxygen, 3 recent heart attacks, home health care aide).

Anyone else run into these issues with American Memorial? I also realize this isn’t a carrier problem but An unethical agent one. Problem is, I see this most prevalently with this insurance company and specifically, a particular IMO.

What about American Memorial’s process is allowing this stuff to go through without red flags being raised?

So agents are protected for being unethical... Bummer. All of these folks said there was significant coaching going on and the agent told them to say no to things they didn’t feel comfortable with. If it were a case here and there, I’d get it. But this has happened every time. Hopefully I can get these deals rescinded.

Over the last week I have run into several American Memorial (Assurant) policies and every one of them were clean sheeted in some capacity. At this point, I’ve just learned to assume that questions were not answered honestly when I see these guys in the house.

Most of the time the nicotine question is marked “no,” when the client is smoking or chewing tobacco. On Saturday, I had a lady who had a slew of issues going on that I would think the MIB would catch and cause a decline(oxygen, 3 recent heart attacks, home health care aide).

Anyone else run into these issues with American Memorial? I also realize this isn’t a carrier problem but An unethical agent one. Problem is, I see this most prevalently with this insurance company and specifically, a particular IMO.

What about American Memorial’s process is allowing this stuff to go through without red flags being raised?

There is a particular agency in KY that favors them. They tend to make a LOT of underwriting “mistakes. “ and they often “forget” to fill out replacement forms. Opps! Did I say agents? I meant “State Licensed Benefit Coordinators.”

I wrote 1 case and during the PHI they asked the guy about drugs he wasn't even taking currently so I am not sure how a questionable case could get issued because they check Rx history. I can see a smoker getting away with it though.

Back