Any FE agent lifters here??

TheLeadJerk

Expert
I started back in the gym in 2018 and have been very consistent on diet, lifting weights and cardio since then. Dropped from 220lbs to 165lbs in 8 months...got super ripped but felt like doo doo. Added back in more calories and did another recomp back to 189lbs where I sit today. I maxed out my squat, bench, overhead press 2 years ago....so ive been concentrating since then on more isolation and finally hit 400lbs on my deadlift. Anybody else in here lift? Here is my deadlift of 375lbs....since i just hit 400 i think my next goal is 500lbs....lemme hear from my bros.....

I started back in the gym in 2018 and have been very consistent on diet, lifting weights and cardio since then. Dropped from 220lbs to 165lbs in 8 months...got super ripped but felt like doo doo. Added back in more calories and did another recomp back to 189lbs where I sit today. I maxed out my squat, bench, overhead press 2 years ago....so ive been concentrating since then on more isolation and finally hit 400lbs on my deadlift. Anybody else in here lift? Here is my deadlift of 375lbs....since i just hit 400 i think my next goal is 500lbs....lemme hear from my bros.....

I got a hernia watching that. :confused:

1,2,3,4 is my life goal to hit them all in the same year for reps.

I always give up on squats. I don't feel like I'll ever hit that without seriously injuring myself.

1,2,3,4 is my life goal to hit them all in the same year for reps.

I always give up on squats. I don't feel like I'll ever hit that without seriously injuring myself.
I topped out at 350lbs on reps for squats. That was enough for me, still squat, just higher reps and lower weight..I do like leg presses and sissy squats as well as knee exts for quad development.

Great job on working out and hitting your goals. Keep going!

However, it should be noted that when most people proclaim their deadlift max, they are referring to a standard deadlift like this.

For example, in powerlifting competitions, the numbers always pertain to a standard deadlift as you see in that image I linked to.

What you did in that video was not a standard deadlift. You used an uneven trap bar deadlift which is far easier to do compared to a standard deadlift.

For a standard deadlift, your max is likely closer to 270 (plus/minus 20 lbs).

Keep pushing though!

Also, you should do a colab with Duford.

Great job on working out and hitting your goals. Keep going!

However, it should be noted that when most people proclaim their deadlift max, they are referring to a standard deadlift like this.

For example, in powerlifting competitions, the numbers always pertain to a standard deadlift as you see in that image I linked to.

What you did in that video was not a standard deadlift. You used an uneven trap bar deadlift which is far easier to do compared to a standard deadlift.

For a standard deadlift, your max is likely closer to 270 (plus/minus 20 lbs).

Keep pushing though!

Also, you should do a colab with Duford.

Incorrect. While I can appreciate your input I have spend countless hours researching, talking with experts (including Mark Rippetoe - The creator and owner of Starting Strength) and many many others, which admittedly he does not like the trap bar but even he is forced to contend with the fact that strength is strength. The standard deadlift with a bar absolutely puts too much pressure and exposure to injury on your lower back. Ive deadlifted 300lbs with a standard bar and did not like it. There is no "right" way...either you can lift it or you cant. While the trap bar does make it somewhat easier, it is in no way inferior to a deadlift using a straight bar.

I have also spoke with professional body builders and strength coaches such as Doug Brignole as well, who over the past 40 years has well proven the fallacy of using a standard barbell to deadlift as being a much more riskier movement than the trap bar. He recently published The Physics of Resistance Exercise...you can get it at amazon...
Amazon product ASIN 1606794973
I just choose to do it in a safer manner, Im 51 not 21:)

Incorrect. While I can appreciate your input I have spend countless hours researching, talking with experts (including Mark Rippetoe - The creator and owner of Starting Strength) and many many others, which admittedly he does not like the trap bar but even he is forced to contend with the fact that strength is strength. The standard deadlift with a bar absolutely puts too much pressure and exposure to injury on your lower back. Ive deadlifted 300lbs with a standard bar and did not like it. There is no "right" way...either you can lift it or you cant. While the trap bar does make it somewhat easier, it is in no way inferior to a deadlift using a straight bar.

I have also spoke with professional body builders and strength coaches such as Doug Brignole as well, who over the past 40 years has well proven the fallacy of using a standard barbell to deadlift as being a much more riskier movement than the trap bar. He recently published The Physics of Resistance Exercise...you can get it at amazon...
Amazon product ASIN 1606794973
I just choose to do it in a safer manner, Im 51 not 21:)

This isn't intended to be some pissing match.

There was no part of what I said that was incorrect, so I'm not sure what you mean when you say "incorrect".

You did not do a standard deadlift. No powerlifting competition does deadlifts with a trap bar.

It's widely accepted (been this way for decades) that saying "my deadlift is XXX" means you are referring to the standard deadlift movement.

I'm not saying you should do it that way. In fact, for safety reasons, it sounds like a good decision that you're using a trap bar.

But it doesn't negate the fact that you're deadlift max is not "375". It's in fact much lower.

The correct statement for you would be "My trapbar deadlift is 375".

Latest posts

Back