Any FE agent lifters here??

MattFurey.com
How does a wrestler lose to a guy named Matt Furey? All of is accomplishments the only name he mentions beating is me. Oh well, that is my life. I competed again a few weeks ago age 59 in senior nationals and it was another humbling experience. The good thing I do know about diet and exercise. I am down to 194 pounds from my 285 pound peak. I have traded a lot of burgers for berries. After dropping 60 pounds since last time I competed I now realize I need to lift more and time to improve my cardio. That or I might retire again for a few years.

I'm in my early 40's, been a regular lifter since high school.

Best thing I can contribute is "things I wish I'd learned earlier."

1) Hang from a bar. A lot.

I have shoulder issues, 100% due to being stupid. Labrum/rotator tears, acromioclavicular joint injuries, you name it. 4 years ago it got to where I couldn't do any pressing movements that weren't really light due to my left shoulder being so bad. I refused surgery.

A couple years ago I learned about dead hanging from a bar. Within 2 months of hanging for 90-120 seconds a day I could do everything pain free. With heavy weight. It's life-changing, and my shoulders have never felt better. Even if you don't workout at all, try this.

2) Squat deep. Regular depth is great for big weight, keep doing it. But in between, work in a day where you squat lighter as low as you can. ALL the way. Pause at the bottom. Make your body adapt to it, even if you're using no weight at all sometimes. Aside from the added quad/glute development, the core strength and hip mobility it gives you is priceless as the years add up. Not just for lifting, for life.

I started back in the gym in 2018 and have been very consistent on diet, lifting weights and cardio since then.

Sick lift man!!

Started a year ago and I've been training for aesthetics. Currently bulking at 5' 8" and 165 LBS (going up to 185 and then I am gonna cut to 170 LBS)

Bench: 225
Deadlift: 350
Squat: 315

I eat 200G of protein a day and am at 3,000 calories & would say I am most likely at 17% Body Fat

What's your favorite lift? I love incline bench.

Sick lift man!!

Started a year ago and I've been training for aesthetics. Currently bulking at 5' 8" and 165 LBS (going up to 185 and then I am gonna cut to 170 LBS)

I eat 200G of protein a day and am at 3,000 calories & would say I am most likely at 17% Body Fat

Keep eating up to 225, then cut...

Gallon of milk a day... =)

Sick lift man!!

My favorite compound lift is deadlifts...for a while it was squats...once i maxxed those out i do leg presses and extensions now and also romanian deads for hams. I love dumb bell incline bench press. My bb bench sux lol. Weighed myself today, solid 183lbs.

Latest posts

Back