Anyone else from Seattle WA Area?

Find a place where you can get a good solid insurance education to solidify your career. If you really want to make this work, find a career agency where you can learn while you earn.

Then decide after 5-10 years if that's for you as a career agent or go independent. At least at that point you'll be knowledgable enough to make it either way.

This is actually the best part of it for it is essential to understand the overall flow of insurance business before jumping into it. At least 5 years of experience would make you learn a lot of things and be able to stand in your own feet by then. :1wink:

This is actually the best part of it for it is essential to understand the overall flow of insurance business before jumping into it. At least 5 years of experience would make you learn a lot of things and be able to stand in your own feet by then. :1wink:

Geez, thanks. I needed that information to start the new year on the right foot!:D

I am in NW Washington, Ive been doing pretty well as captive for the last 7 months. I am just now making the transition over to independent and well see how it goes.

Back