Anyone Have Any Problems with HealthSherpa?

Addressing the points above:

1) Yes, you can use HealthSherpa for 2016 for users with 2015 apps. The federal backend is oriented around an application per person, per year. If they don't have a 2016 app, they will get a new app. If they do, then the app is updated. If they already have a login to hc.gov, the new app is associated with that account, so there is no duplication there either.

Thanks,
Ning

Ning,

Maybe their is a disconnect, or a mis-understanding of what we see on our end, and it contradicts what you're saying. First, let's make sure we have the same definitions:

1. "Application" = A determination letter is generated, issuing a FFM ID #, and a plan is selected (or not selected)

2. "An Account" = Client has a username and password where they can log into their "account" at HC.gov, and see their 2014 and 2015 applications and FFM ID's.

The federal backend is oriented around an application per person, per year.

I have many clients who used Sherpa in 2015, and when we go into the back door "access" button, some clients have 5-10 different FFM ID's and "applications", with only one having selected a plan. This contradicts what you are saying of 1 app per person.

If they already have a login to hc.gov, the new app is associated with that account, so there is no duplication there either

Not one of my NEW 2015 clients have an "account" per my definition above, they only have "applications" with no username or password.

For my clients who DID HAVE a 2014 application AND account, and we used Sherpa for 2015, the clients' 2014 app was never "terminated", before issuing a new 2015 application FFM ID #. Plus, not one of my 2014 clients that have an "account" established, had their Sherpa 2015 "application" uploaded into the "account"

This will cause huge 1095A aptc reporting problems like the one discussed in this article:
Colorado family says tax bill for exchange error an unending disaster - The Denver Post

Where have I gone wrong in my explanation?

Ning,

Maybe their is a disconnect, or a mis-understanding of what we see on our end, and it contradicts what you're saying. First, let's make sure we have the same definitions:

1. "Application" = A determination letter is generated, issuing a FFM ID #, and a plan is selected (or not selected)

2. "An Account" = Client has a username and password where they can log into their "account" at HC.gov, and see their 2014 and 2015 applications and FFM ID's.

I have many clients who used Sherpa in 2015, and when we go into the back door "access" button, some clients have 5-10 different FFM ID's and "applications", with only one having selected a plan. This contradicts what you are saying of 1 app per person.

Not one of my NEW 2015 clients have an "account" per my definition above, they only have "applications" with no username or password.

For my clients who DID HAVE a 2014 application AND account, and we used Sherpa for 2015, the clients' 2014 app was never "terminated", before issuing a new 2015 application FFM ID #. Plus, not one of my 2014 clients that have an "account" established, had their Sherpa 2015 "application" uploaded into the "account"

This will cause huge 1095A aptc reporting problems like the one discussed in this article:
Colorado family says tax bill for exchange error an unending disaster - The Denver Post

Where have I gone wrong in my explanation?

and Yagents... you missed the biggest one of all.... WHAT ABOUT THE FING NPN NUMBERS BEING STRIPED......

Back