Anyone Have Scripts for Life Insurance during Covid-19/Corona Virus?

mindtech

Looking to see if anyone has been successful in prospecting during this crisis. My standard script has not been working or getting attention this past week.

Does anyone have scripts that they are willing to share to pitch life insurance by the telephone during the Covid-19/Corona Virus outbreak?

Cold calling is (in my opinion) going to be even more challenging than it was before.

Are you telesales/selling online or face to face?

I disagree! With all this stock market turbulence, I think it'll awaken people to their failing strategy and how there IS a better way to create the financial security they want... but ONLY if they're open to hearing about it.

The only thing that should change is whether they would be comfortable meeting in person or via web conference for a first meeting.

My standard script has not been working or getting attention this past week.

A standard script will only get you "standard results" (if that).

According to LIMRA Life Insurance Awareness Month 2013:
  • When surveyed on financial issues, “money for a comfortable retirement” was the top pick of 67 percent of consumers. By contrast, concerns that life insurance coverage traditionally addresses (such as premature death, funeral expenses and leaving an inheritance) registered as a top priority for less than 40 percent of consumers surveyed.
I could be 27% more effective by speaking to THEIR priorities, rather than what *I* want to sell!

Attachments

• Facts-Life-2013.pdf
    757.4 KB · Views: 17
I disagree! With all this stock market turbulence, I think it'll awaken people to their failing strategy and how there IS a better way to create the financial security they want... but ONLY if they're open to hearing about it.

The only thing that should change is whether they would be comfortable meeting in person or via web conference for a first meeting.

you’re certainly entitled to your opinion

the key is what you said in bold.

for efficiency sake....it would be easier to call up people who you know 1. Already open to it 2. Have funds to make a financial decision right away

Projection of 20% of people being unemployed and business needing financial help means more people may be cutting back on what they consider “non-essential”.

I personally would not waste time cold calling random people whose employment status is unknown.

At least with fresh leads who inquired that means if they took the initiative to ask that’s more of a likelihood they are willing and able to take action.

Last edited:
for efficiency sake....it would be easier to call up people who you know 1. Already open to it 2. Have funds to make a financial decision right away

There is a difference between efficiency and effectiveness. And it also depends on what and how you're selling what you're selling.

If everyone had a sign about whether they're open to what I do or not, sure, that would make things easier.

Here's the problem:
quote-if-people-understood-what-life-insurance-does-we-wouldn-t-need-salesmen-to-sell-it-people-ben-feldman-62-87-47.jpg

So our job is to find, sift, sort, and select those who are open-minded enough to learn about the value we have to offer and incorporate into their lives.

But it's just one way to go. I wouldn't trust lead generating services to promote advanced life insurance concepts. Term, mortgage protection, and FE... sure. Do it all day. But that won't work for what I do.

The story has to be told:

Projection of 20% of people being unemployed and business needing financial help means more people may be cutting back on what they consider “non-essential”.

I personally would not waste time cold calling random people whose employment status is unknown.

The older people are, the more worried they should be.

I can help people increase their retirement income plan efficiency by a factor of FIVE OR MORE without stock market risk! Even with deflated values, I can help people to restore their previous estimated retirement income stream so perhaps they DON'T HAVE TO keep working, if they don't want to. Now, it can take some time, so it may not work for current retirees, but for those who were planning to retire in 5-10 years... they should absolutely see me. But that's only if they're open to it.

Btw, even in California, insurance IS essential. Our insurance commissioner sent out a notice indicating that. :)

Looking to see if anyone has been successful in prospecting during this crisis. My standard script has not been working or getting attention this past week.

Does anyone have scripts that they are willing to share to pitch life insurance by the telephone during the Covid-19/Corona Virus outbreak?

Here's a training video by Insurance Pro Shop:

If you join the Facebook Life Insurance Agent Discussion page, there's a couple of Van Mueller files that have plenty of questions to help you inspire people to want to see you. I'd upload them here, but they're too big for the forum.

There is a difference between efficiency and effectiveness. And it also depends on what and how you're selling what you're selling.

If everyone had a sign about whether they're open to what I do or not, sure, that would make things easier.

Here's the problem:
quote-if-people-understood-what-life-insurance-does-we-wouldn-t-need-salesmen-to-sell-it-people-ben-feldman-62-87-47.jpg

So our job is to find, sift, sort, and select those who are open-minded enough to learn about the value we have to offer and incorporate into their lives.

But it's just one way to go. I wouldn't trust lead generating services to promote advanced life insurance concepts. Term, mortgage protection, and FE... sure. Do it all day. But that won't work for what I do.

The story has to be told:

Interesting!

and I think that should have been the next question for the OP - who is his target market.

Reactions: DHK
Back