Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors?

Post the entire benefit summary, I'll bet there are some pretty big limitations even though every USHA rep seems to claim otherwise. Most of the USHA quotes I've seen given to my clients or prospective clients were even more expensive than a major med policy.

LifeSales, your last long post sounds just like the others that have been posted by your other agents. Do you guys have a template or something?

I'll challenge you just like I challenged JBHealth. Post a detailed benefit summary, and the demographics for one particular test case to use as an example. The demographics should be age/gender/smoking status/zip code. Choose your best health plan, and forget all the add-ons like CI, accident, etc. Post the rates, detailed benefit summary and demographics for that test case. Then we'll compare head-to-head.

JBHealth repeatedly told me he would get back to me with the demographics and details, but he didn't. I think there's something he may wish to hide. Prove me wrong. Post details. If your plan is good, it will stand the test of a side-by-side comparison. Show me the money.

Last edited:
LifeSales, your last long post sounds just like the others that have been posted by your other agents. Do you guys have a template or something?

I'll challenge you just like I challenged JBHealth. Post a detailed benefit summary, and the demographics for one particular test case to use as an example. The demographics should be age/gender/smoking status/zip code. Choose your best health plan, and forget all the add-ons like CI, accident, etc. Post the rates, detailed benefit summary and demographics for that test case. Then we'll compare head-to-head.

JBHealth repeatedly told me he would get back to me with the demographics and details, but he didn't. I think there's something he may wish to hide. Prove me wrong. Post details. If your plan is good, it will stand the test of a side-by-side comparison. Show me the money.
Ann ... To clarify, I'm really not trying to convince anyone here. I'm just offering my experience and what I know is true (I am also insured by US Health -- Secure Advantage -- and I've made a claim through their Accident Plan w/o a problem). As I only sell, and don't recruit, I suggest that you contact the company and receive all the detail that you require. It's a good plan and you'll likely recognize that.

Ann ... To clarify, I'm really not trying to convince anyone here. I'm just offering my experience and what I know is true (I am also insured by US Health -- Secure Advantage -- and I've made a claim through their Accident Plan w/o a problem). As I only sell, and don't recruit, I suggest that you contact the company and receive all the detail that you require. It's a good plan and you'll likely recognize that.

Why is it so hard to find the details on such an awesome product? Benefit summaries for major med policies are readily available any time you want to see them.

There is something EXTREMELY FISHY when you go to the Home Page of a "respectable" insurance carrier and can't find a brochure for their supposed "Secure Advantage" flagship major medical policy, or any major medical for that matter.

Go to U.S. Health's brochure website at: USHEALTH Group | Brochures and pick a state...any state to view the plans offered there. Many states do not accept U.S. Health business at all and NONE of them have a "Secure Advantage" plan available.

Additionally, US Health Group is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau in it's HOME STATE of Texas.
Ref: USHEALTH Group, Inc. Review - INSURANCE LIFE & HEALTH in Fort Worth, TX - BBB Business Review - BBB serving Tarrant, Johnson, Hood, Somervell, Wise, Parker, Erath and Palo Pinto Counties

Also, US Health Group's most recent rating action was a DOWNGRADE by A.M. Best from "B" to "B-", with it's outlook declining from "stable" to "negative".
Ref: A.M. Best Downgrades Ratings of USHEALTH Group Subsidiaries - Manufacturing Close-Up | HighBeam Research

Later this year, after Health and Human Services clarifies it's regulations affecting the type of Fixed Indemnity plans that are the staple product of USHealth/Freedom Life, we will see additional movement...one way or the other.
-ac

There is something EXTREMELY FISHY when you go to the Home Page of a "respectable" insurance carrier and can't find a brochure for their supposed "Secure Advantage" flagship major medical policy, or any major medical for that matter.

Go to U.S. Health's brochure website at: USHEALTH Group | Brochures and pick a state...any state to view the plans offered there. Many states do not accept U.S. Health business at all and NONE of them have a "Secure Advantage" plan available.

Additionally, US Health Group is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau in it's HOME STATE of Texas.
Ref: USHEALTH Group, Inc. Review - INSURANCE LIFE & HEALTH in Fort Worth, TX - BBB Business Review - BBB serving Tarrant, Johnson, Hood, Somervell, Wise, Parker, Erath and Palo Pinto Counties

Also, US Health Group's most recent rating action was a DOWNGRADE by A.M. Best from "B" to "B-", with it's outlook declining from "stable" to "negative".
Ref: A.M. Best Downgrades Ratings of USHEALTH Group Subsidiaries - Manufacturing Close-Up | HighBeam Research

Later this year, after Health and Human Services clarifies it's regulations affecting the type of Fixed Indemnity plans that are the staple product of USHealth/Freedom Life, we will see additional movement...one way or the other.
-ac

The BBB doesn't mean squat but the Best down grade is a red flag.

USHealth Advisors is using Freedom Life to underwrite their plans here in Texas. The policy they are marketing is the typical indemnity plan with limited benefits propped up by a host of other add on products like Critical Illness and Accident Coverage, and is being completely misrepresented, at least by the bozo who pitched it to me.
Their big hook is a three year rate lock, and he went as far as telling me they were the only US carrier who had a "federal exemption from complying with Obamacare" based on the strength of their products.
I checked their rating with the BBB in my area (the same town USHealth Advisors/Freedom Life is based in) and their rated a not surprising D-.
I actually have a pdf of their brochure, but cant figure out how to post it for you....

I figured it out all by myself!! Here's the Freedom Life Brochure:

Attachments

• FreedomLife Brochure - SecAdvantage-BR-FLIC-0911-A.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
Scanning the brochure, (a very confusing and deceitful one in my opinion), here are the holes I found:
  • It's disguised as a hospital/surgical only plan, with 3 deductibles per family for hospital/surgical for illnesses only
  • You must buy separate accident hosp/surgical plan, otherwise no coverage for accidents
  • Separate deductibles/coinsurance for illness and accidents
  • 2-3 indemnity doctor visits if you add on wellness package
  • No Rx coverage unless added on, but still $300-500 max
  • $250 additional access fee for for MRI, etc
  • 6 mo exclusion on reproductive organs
  • 12 mo waiting on pre-existing conditions that occurred in last 12 mo, even with prior creditable coverage
  • 3 pages of exclusions/limitations
  • "Not subject to health reform mandates" - huh? how?
For those of you who sell this policy, or any other experienced agent, please tell me where I've gone wrong on each of the above comments

Last edited:
Slush ... This is NOT how USHG people sell health insurance. This 'guy' is obviously running a bait and switch, if what you say is true (or if you understood what was said). 99% of what USHG sells is NOT guarantee issue. And the Secure Advantage offer is NOT guarantee issue. It's fully underwritten. I only offer the Secure Advantage health insurance thru USHG to my clients.

Here is the website of the guy that tried to recruit me:

About Us

Back