Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors?

Scanning the brochure, (a very confusing and deceitful one in my opinion), here are the holes I found:
  • It's disguised as a hospital/surgical only plan, with 3 deductibles per family for hospital/surgical for illnesses only
  • You must buy separate accident hosp/surgical plan, otherwise no coverage for accidents
  • Separate deductibles/coinsurance for illness and accidents
  • 2-3 indemnity doctor visits if you add on wellness package
  • No Rx coverage unless added on, but still $300-500 max
  • $250 additional access fee for for MRI, etc
  • 6 mo exclusion on reproductive organs
  • 12 mo waiting on pre-existing conditions that occurred in last 12 mo, even with prior creditable coverage
  • 3 pages of exclusions/limitations
  • "Not subject to health reform mandates" - huh? how?
For those of you who sell this policy, or any other experienced agent, please tell me where I've gone wrong on each of the above comments

I think you did a great job, YAgents. Your first statement that it is essentially a hospital/surgical plan is correct. There are few outpatient services covered, even if you add the "wellness" benefit (which is essentially an extremely limited Dr & outpt benefit rider with a few wellness services tacked on). You are right about the Rx rider having a drastically low annual max benefit. And, the way they have "puzzle pieced" the program together leaves the client with several deductibles and several out-of-pocket limits, like you said. That is a major issue. This plan is better than some I've seen but is far from adequate coverage for clients who can get a true major medical plan otherwise. I sure wish a reputable insurer would design a high quality indemnity plan that would benefit the client and circumvent Obamacare rules.

I sure wish a reputable insurer would design a high quality indemnity plan that would benefit the client and circumvent Obamacare rules.

Ann, I received confirmation today that A- rated insurers in the IHC Group of companies (NYSE Symbol: IHC) will continue to sell the Major Medical plans they have now, because they're not participating in any of the upcoming state exchanges/marketplaces. Of course, these plans can't legally be called Major Medical after 1/1/2014, but they'll be much better for the client than a fixed-dollar indemnity and cost far less than the QHP Major Medicals.

Being a thread "purist", I won't comment any more about this issue in the US Health Group thread, but I wanted to convey the info received today from a company right in your neck of the woods (Phoenix).
-Allen

I think it's neat that every 2 months, like clockwork, a poster with 5 or less posts will comment on how great this company is. It's like every time they hire a new agent, they make them post a comment on this thread as part of their contracting.

You are dead off wrong! :laugh:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
HSA is a dinosaur and has NOTHING to do with USHA
USHA agents are too busy to play on this thread... too busy going to the bank. My clients LOVE their coverage.
I will take USHA commission cut over a friend's company paying a measly $300/submission! Really?
Yeah, what you're going to want to do here is.... pay closer attention to the things that you read. It clearly says "Secure Value" on the brochure you linked which, as stated in the paragraph below the one you quoted, is indeed a fixed indemnity plan.

I realize this may be hard for you all to digest because each plan starts with the word "secure" but it makes me wonder how well you guys know the products that you actually sell. Brutal.
Also, you do realize that almost every major med policy is going to rider and rate up for the pre-existing conditions you have. Allen, I welcome you to sit down and show me the potential pitfalls of the Secure Advantage plan, which I am guessing you don't know much about.

As far as the IRS pentalties, considering what is going to happen with compliant major med premiums the penalty will be a drop in the bucket.
I notice that many of you have "guru" listed by your names and I seriously questions what anyone has to do to become a "guru."

This further validates my point that just because you get on the internet and represent yourself as a "guru" or an "expert" it doesn't mean anything. You are spreading misinformation about products that you don't know anything about.

For consumers out there, don't assume that people on these forum are experts. Yes, some are very knowledgeable but many are anything but knowledgeable about what they are talking about. If have any interest in USHealth products feel free to contact me at [email protected] and I will gladly answer any and all questions you have regards to health insurance.

I have experience in both the major med brokerage field as well as USHealth's innovative coverage that these people are misrepresenting.

Thank you... Love how blah, Blah, Blah... ad infinitum makes you a "Guru"
Leo3010 please PM or email me...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's neat that every 2 months, like clockwork, a poster with 5 or less posts will comment on how great this company is. It's like every time they hire a new agent, they make them post a comment on this thread as part of their contracting.

Well, TINS, you appear to be correct. The intelligence level of those new posters appears to diminish as time goes on. The quote below is proof.

You are dead off wrong! :laugh:
HSA is a dinosaur and has NOTHING to do with USHA
USHA agents are too busy to play on this thread... too busy going to the bank. My clients LOVE their coverage.
I will take USHA commission cut over a friend's company paying a measly $300/submission! Really?
Thank you... Love how blah, Blah, Blah... ad infinitum makes you a "Guru"

Last edited:
They use Vanilla Soft and xlite dialer, they add the leads but you pay $85.00 a month for Vanilla soft which has a calender and other features, then they add the leads. I think they get the leads from the us Library system and they all so buy leads and add them to the Vanilla soft system.

Hi Im I signed up with USHA not to long ago and be in training in two weeks. I have never sold insurance, any tips on how I can be successful. Need positive feedback.

Back