Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors?

You can make money selling NON compliant insurance with possible penalty, and you can make money selling ACA compliant insurance with no penalty.

Pretty simple choice.

Or, deploy the "Would I sell it to my mother" smell test..............

You can make money selling NON compliant insurance with possible penalty, and you can make money selling ACA compliant insurance with no penalty.

Pretty simple choice.

Or, deploy the "Would I sell it to my mother" smell test..............

so breaking that down for a new guy.....all of that means what exactly? with NON compliant insurance exactly? what is ACA compliant insurance exactly? and why is one better than the other?

as it stands i cant ask "would i sell it to my mother" because I've no clue what either one is. but said ignorance doesnt mean either one is bad....i simply don't know.

Google: Obamacare
Healthcare.gov = compliant health insurance products
Compliant = you don't owe the penalty for not owning compliant insurance.
Compliant insurance = Major medical, covering all/most pre-existing conditions.

Non compliant - pretty much everything else without getting in weeds.
Penalty may be due for non compliance = up to 2.5% of income.
Non compliant insurance - doesn't cover pre-existing, and cannot be labeled as real major medical coverage due to all the holes in the policy. Identifying the holes takes a longer discussion.

Google: Obamacare
Healthcare.gov = compliant health insurance products
Compliant = you don't owe the penalty for not owning compliant insurance.
Compliant insurance = Major medical, covering all/most pre-existing conditions.

Non compliant - pretty much everything else without getting in weeds.
Penalty may be due for non compliance = up to 2.5% of income.
Non compliant insurance - doesn't cover pre-existing, and cannot be labeled as real major medical coverage due to all the holes in the policy. Identifying the holes takes a longer discussion.

so what you're saying is USHA is non compliant and thus subject to a penalty?

is that every USHA plan? or just some? since I imagine like most health insurance they offer quite a few different plans.

so that said....does that make the insurance itself junk? I mean just look at Obamacare....that thing gets torn to shreds by basically every single news media outlet around and it is compliant so being compliant isnt necessarily a good endorsement in and of itself. and it is undeniably full of holes itself.

just trying to understand where USHA fits into this especially given compliant programs like Obamacare are notoriously terrible as well. I guess USHA is just more expensive then???

You've been tasting the cool aid......haven't yah?

I believe someone else attached a USHA brochure with a disclaimer at the bottom.

http://www.ushealthgroup.com/PremierChoice.aspx

*The individual mandate under the Affordable Care Act (“ACA”) generally requires individuals to maintain “minimum essential coverage” in 2014 and beyond, or be subject to payment of the annual shared responsibility payment, the amount of which is based, in part, upon the individual’s household income each year. The PremierChoice Specified Disease/Sickness Plans and Accident Plans are insurance plans which provide benefits on an expense incurred basis up to a maximum daily/monthly/annual amount for covered services and are neither “essential health benefits plans” under the ACA, traditional major medical insurance plans, nor Workers Compensation plans under state law. PremierChoice Specified Disease/Sickness Plans and Accident Plans are “excepted benefit plans” under the ACA, but are not considered “minimum essential coverage” under it. Therefore, unless an Insured under one of our PremierChoice Specified Disease/Sickness Plans and/or Accident Plans has an exemption from the ACA’s individual mandate or maintains “minimum essential coverage” under the ACA, the Insured will be subject to the ACA’s “shared responsibility payment”

**The Premium Rate Guarantee Period does not apply to any rate change due to: change of address; addition of Insureds; change of benefits or options; change of Mode Of Premium Payment; group policy coverage, benefits, limitation or exclusion changes; or any future requirements of any federal or state law.

PremierChoice is not available in all states please contact licensed agent for more information. Limitation, Waiting Periods and Exclusions apply.

okay so honest questions = cool aid drinking? alrighty then.

----------

Okay so the USHA sometimes doesnt qualify for the minimum coverage?

this is confusing:

are “excepted benefit plans” under the ACA, but are not considered “minimum essential coverage” under it. Therefore, unless an Insured under one of our PremierChoice Specified Disease/Sickness Plans and/or Accident Plans has an exemption from the ACA’s individual mandate or maintains “minimum essential coverage” under the ACA, the Insured will be subject to the ACA’s “shared responsibility payment”

those three seem to contradict each other....the first grants exceptions whereas the later two seem say it does not cover it enough to get out of penalities?

okay so honest questions = cool aid drinking? alrighty then.

First welcome to the boards and for asking intelligent questions.

You have to have thick skin here so take the bits and pieces from replies and don't get offended too easily.

The search function will tell you about all you would want to know about this product.

Y was reffering to the old brainwashing this group does..

I mean just look at Obamacare....that thing gets torn to shreds by basically every single news media outlet around and it is compliant so being compliant isnt necessarily a good endorsement in and of itself. and it is undeniably full of holes itself.

This is exactly what they tell new or aspiring agents.

I will put things into simpler terms,

Stay away from this group.
Stay away from under 65 Individual Health insurance.

There is plenty of monies in Medicare and Life/Final Expense if you are serious about moving into this industry.

Again, welcome to the forum.

You have to have thick skin here so take the bits and pieces from replies and don't get offended too easily.

The search function will tell you about all you would want to know about this product.

There is plenty of monies in Medicare and Life/Final Expense if you are serious about moving into this industry.

I am staying away after talking with someone there.

Not sure Life/Final Expense is for me, but maybe Medicare? What about dual needs coverage, where people are eligible for both Medicare/Medicaid?

I am willing to put in the time. That's not an issue. What is an issue is my lack of willingness (actually, to be clearer, my lack of ability) to throw a ton of money into leads, gas, etc. with no payoff. Getting licensed isn't too expensive, but the idea of paying big bucks for leads and then driving all over town isn't too appealing.
What is appealing is the schedule flexibility and the hope of the mighty grail, residual income. Any advice for someone trying to break in to this? Where do you even begin? With the phone book? Or do you purchase leads.

Thanks for the welcome to the forums though Sam beat you to it lol. though jokes aside

my statement I dont think was brainwashing. its undeniable Obamacare has been a trainwreck at best. it's been ripped to shreds repeatedly by nearly everything except the most hardcore of the hardcore democrats.

Im not saying USHA is perfect or anything, just stating a fact comparison....just because USHA might not avoid all the penalties and obamacare doesnt mean obamacare is by default better.

I dont know whether I am serious about it, though am considering give it a run for a month or two and see how it goes. figure i can make back at least the money spent for the license and training by then easily enough and ideally quite a bit more also(hoping for 2000-3000 in a month....though won't lie that rosy 10,000 a month figure does sound nice!!! but yeah the 2000-3000 a month is what i am realistically aiming for)

for what its worth Im just out of college and trying to find something, almost anything that isnt BS retail just to get some kind of work and go from there.

I have read through this thread and another one and it seems all over the map. from glowing praises to middle of the road statements to SCAM SCAM STAY AWAY. it leaves figuring out the truth a bit confusing.

regardless thanks for the reply I will look into under 65 health insurance as I have no clue what that is.

Thanks for the welcome to the forums though Sam beat you to it lol. though jokes aside

my statement I dont think was brainwashing. its undeniable Obamacare has been a trainwreck at best. it's been ripped to shreds repeatedly by nearly everything except the most hardcore of the hardcore democrats.

Im not saying USHA is perfect or anything, just stating a fact comparison....just because USHA might not avoid all the penalties and obamacare doesnt mean obamacare is by default better.

I dont know whether I am serious about it, though am considering give it a run for a month or two and see how it goes. figure i can make back at least the money spent for the license and training by then easily enough and ideally quite a bit more also(hoping for 2000-3000 in a month....though won't lie that rosy 10,000 a month figure does sound nice!!! but yeah the 2000-3000 a month is what i am realistically aiming for)

for what its worth Im just out of college and trying to find something, almost anything that isnt BS retail just to get some kind of work and go from there.

I have read through this thread and another one and it seems all over the map. from glowing praises to middle of the road statements to SCAM SCAM STAY AWAY. it leaves figuring out the truth a bit confusing.

regardless thanks for the reply I will look into under 65 health insurance as I have no clue what that is.

Hahaha, and in spite of the advice you were given by veteran agents you're going to do it anyway. See you back here in a month or two crying about how you got screwed.:bump: I wouldn't expect any sympathy. :no:

Welcome to the Forum.:)

Back