Anyone Making A Living Coldcalling?

MedicarePlanSolution - I respecfully accept your feedback, but I do want to make it clear that Sphere of Influence Selling is not what my company sells. Our CEO is very passionate about this method and therefore, every webinar is free to attend. Come more then once if you like and definately ask questions. My intention was not to advertise, rather share that this may be something to help.

I guess you have a problem with taking feedback.

You might as well buy a lotto ticket with better hopes.

Pretty ignorant statement. I can't make 125 dollars an hour buying lottery tickets.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It is the only thing I do and I don't look forward to it. I have even dusted my office in the morning to avoid having to make that first phone call. However, once that first call is made that usually starts the juices flowing and the rest are a lot easier.

Lol about a week ago I tried my first attempt at pure cold calling, I loaded up the list in mojo, set it to 3 lines, hit start, and immediately watched the dialer connect me to an answering machine twice in a row and hang up on like 5 people and one call got dropped by my voip connect being stupid. Mojo + the voip hung up on the same guy 3 times. I turned it all off, manually dialed all the people and apologized for being an ***.

From this point forward, at least I know it isn't ever going to go that bad again, and 1 of those 5 guys was so impressed that I called and apologized he actually took my information and wanted a quote. I think everyone should pop their cherry like that it makes dialing 1 line at a time seem really easy.

Also, this should teach people a lesson.. Your script can be "Sorry, I'm a moron, I'm learning a new phone system and it went haywire and called you over and over and I'm just calling to apologize" and you will still get results.

Last edited:
Sometimes, if I stutter, or mess up what I am saying, I just honestly say, ooops, I messed up my script, we all have a laugh, and I get down to business. I actually have had two good cases come out of messing up on the cold call, its humanizing I guess.

"Be intuitive or spontaneous about something during the call. This keeps it interesting. This is often where you will make a connection"

Sometimes, if I stutter, or mess up what I am saying, I just honestly say, ooops, I messed up my script, we all have a laugh, and I get down to business. I actually have had two good cases come out of messing up on the cold call, its humanizing I guess.

"Be intuitive or spontaneous about something during the call. This keeps it interesting. This is often where you will make a connection"

Anytime one can add humor to a conversation it is always a good thing.

During the call when I ask the tobacco question of a sweet little old lady and she says "Oh my, I have never used tobacco" I usually say "Well I guess you finally quit chewing then". She never fails to laugh, not ever.

If you come across human or inject some humor and they laugh, that's a great start. If they don't laugh, at least you know who you're dealing with upfront. Most of my cold calling is done F2F right now, however, when I focused on the telephone I could usually tell what type of person I was speaking with before they even said a word. If I used my icebreaker and it was silence, I knew this one probably wouldn't be going anywhere.

If you come across human or inject some humor and they laugh, that's a great start. If they don't laugh, at least you know who you're dealing with upfront. Most of my cold calling is done F2F right now, however, when I focused on the telephone I could usually tell what type of person I was speaking with before they even said a word. If I used my icebreaker and it was silence, I knew this one probably wouldn't be going anywhere.

Many agents are extremely "good talkers". However, there are a whole lot of them who have never learned "listening skills". You are obviously one who has learned the importance of listening.

One never learns anything while talking.

What icebreaker did you use?

You don't have to make cold calling that complicated.

If you are calling on small groups I introduce myself and what I do than I ask Are you happy with your insurance?

If they say yes.
I ask what carrier and broker are making you that happy?

You were even happy with your rate increase?

So on and on.

Get them talking

Back