Anyone signed up with more than one IMO? Is this common?

Diana2024

Expert
I'm new to all of this (newly licensed in Cali) ... and I spoke with an agency that indicated that they're fine if their agents are with more than one IMO.

Does anyone do this? Is the common? Is anyone signed up with more than one IMO in order to have access to more carriers ... like say, one IMO uses six carriers and the other IMO uses different carriers? Would this make sense to do to have more carriers available to use like say if you couldn't get a client written with certain carriers but can with another carrier with a different IMO? Thank you in advance for your feedback.

I'm new to all of this (newly licensed in Cali) ... and I spoke with an agency that indicated that they're fine if their agents are with more than one IMO.

Does anyone do this? Is the common? Is anyone signed up with more than one IMO in order to have access to more carriers ... like say, one IMO uses six carriers and the other IMO uses different carriers? Would this make sense to do to have more carriers available to use like say if you couldn't get a client written with certain carriers but can with another carrier with a different IMO? Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Not sure if it's common or not but I use seven.

@rmhaire Do you mind sharing which IMO's you use? And why you use so many? Also, is it safe to assume each IMO doesn't mind that you use other IMO's? One agency told me they weren't thrilled about this ... while another didn't have a problem with it at all. Thanks for your feedback ... I really appreciate it.

@rmhaire Do you mind sharing which IMO's you use? And why you use so many? Also, is it safe to assume each IMO doesn't mind that you use other IMO's? One agency told me they weren't thrilled about this ... while another didn't have a problem with it at all. Thanks for your feedback ... I really appreciate it.
No prob. Western Mktg, Agent Pipeline and Savers Mktg for Medicare and MA. Todd King and Carrier Contracting for FE and Life. AMG for Life.

Also plenty of contracts that are direct.

If an IMO is worried about what you're doing with another IMO then he's not much of an IMO. You're either independent or you're not.

No prob. Western Mktg, Agent Pipeline and Savers Mktg for Medicare and MA. Todd King and Carrier Contracting for FE and Life. AMG for Life.

Also plenty of contracts that are direct.

If an IMO is worried about what you're doing with another IMO then he's not much of an IMO. You're either independent or you're not.
I agree with what you said about the IMO being worried about what I'm doing with another IMO, so thank you for confirming what I was feeling ... I'm so new to this that I'm questioning some of what I feel, so it's helpful to get some validation from those that have experience.

Is there anything that I should look out for when signing a contract with an IMO? Red flags? Thanks again

I agree with what you said about the IMO being worried about what I'm doing with another IMO, so thank you for confirming what I was feeling ... I'm so new to this that I'm questioning some of what I feel, so it's helpful to get some validation from those that have experience.

Is there anything that I should look out for when signing a contract with an IMO? Red flags? Thanks again
It's better to question that not to. And stay away from FB and YouTube. Plenty of guys and gals on here that can answer your questions.

Feel free to ask and good luck.

Just depends on what you want to do. It's not uncommon for drifters to have several IMO's. Every top producer I know sticks to one IMO or at the most two.

Just make sure whatever IMO you chose will release. If you chose bad then you can move on.

What do you want from an IMO? What do you need? That's more important than how many.

Latest posts

Back